Chapter Thirty-Six ۞ Grand Opening

Start from the beginning

"What is it?"

"Go ahead."

"Go on."

The eleventh's eyes shimmered. "I just wanted to say I love you guys and that you're the best comrades, teammates, and friends I ever had."

"Aw." Valeriana could not stifle the sound from her lips.

Tamara cracked up laughing. "You sound like you're dying!"

Keelan huffed at her while the twins snickered.

"Brindon." He turned to the quiet ranker and jumped on him with a hug. "Even though we'll be fighting against each other later, let's give it our all!"

"Give." Brindon replied, patting his back.

"We'll be cheering you guys on." Elfre smiled. "So no matter who wins . . ."

"Since it's that way," Raziel began, his sunny hair sticking up in its usual curls as he approached his opponent. "I wish you all the luck, Elfre."

"Same goes to you, you narcissist." Her green eyes reflected her confidence and excitement.

Raziel then spread his arms. "Do I not get a hug?"

"I do not prefer it." Answered the seventh-ranker, turning her back on him.

"A shame that is."

The twins stared at each other awkwardly. Seemed as though they still haven't solved their problems with each other yet.

Brindon nudged the two.

"Okay, alright." Zevlin took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Gen."

Genevieve pouted, her eyes watering.

"I'm sorry for being overprotective. You're all I have left. I do not like to be the very one to harm you, that will go against my promise to father." He breathed.

The younger twin sniffed. "I know. I know."

"Come on, little sister." Zevlin patted Genevieve on the head, messing up her hair. "Forgive me."

"Stop that." She averted her head. "I was never angry with you so stop it. I was just annoyed . . ."

The scene was amusing and heartwarming at the same time it made everyone else smile.

And while Zevlin continued teasing his sister, Tamara turned to Charles. The third extended her right hand forward and offered it to the fourth.

"Do make my life less miserable after this." She told him, a smile on her lips.

"I should be the one saying that." He answered.

The moment continued.

Rowe shifted his gaze to Aneeka. "Well, look at that."

"Don't think about it." She sighed. "I'm not like that."

"Like what?" He inquired.

"Like . . . mushy." She uncomfortably turned away from him.

"I wish you luck--"

Before he could even finish, Aneeka had the mouth of her gun by his chin. She cocked it threateningly, a loud click following after. Even then, she had her eyes trained forward but her lips were pressed together tightly.

"Do not try me, Rowe. Noble or not, I will put a hole through you."

Rowe was calm, even in that situation.

"As scary as always."

Valeriana did not make any move. Corvan was far across the corner so she scooted even further.