Chapter 8

Charlottes POV:

I get ready for the night ahead straightening my hair and applying my makeup before throwing on my favourite dress and then going downstairs. I see Mia sat on the couch and I can't help but admire her until she notices me almost 5 minutes later "how long have you been standing there?" She laughs getting up from the couch and like always her eyes flicker down my body and as quickly up to my face "ready?" She smiles. I nod following her out to the car and sitting in the passenger seat.

Once we arrive at my ex husbands house I kiss Mia and tell her I'll be back in a minute knocking on the door since I don't have a house key anymore. A second later Ryan answers the door inviting me in so I politely walk through the door him shutting it behind us.

"You dressed up just for me" even after everything he makes me blush when he speaks. I shake my head "I'm going out for drinks with um the girls" I hope he doesn't know I'm lying. Even if he can tell he doesn't call me out. "Ryan why'd you do it?" That question had been bugging me since I found out. He looked down. "I guess it's just because none of my friends believe in marriage. They think it ruins you but Charlotte I couldn't disagree more I love you" he moves closer to me gently pushing my hair out of my face and begins kissing me. I can't help but kiss him back. "Ryan I have a lot to think over I'll get back to you about whether we should leave this in the past or not okay?" I say as we pull apart. He nods "just know I didn't mean to hurt you" just at that minute I hear my daughter scream "mam!" And see her running towards me. I pick her up spinning her around before gently placing her down.

"I missed you" I whisper to her. She smiles "I missed you too mam" she exclaims back excited. "I'll be over Sunday okay? To let you know about my decision but I gotta go" I open the door walking out and sitting in the passenger seat. Now I just have to be honest with Mia. "Charlotte what happened- oh my god did her hurt you your makeups all smudged" she's clearly worried but I look down. "He wants to get back with me" I say barely audibly but I can tell she's heard me because her facial expression changes. "And are you going to?"

I shrug. "I haven't decided yet" Mia looks at me funny before saying she thinks we should go home if that's the case so we do missing out on the drinks night. I had a lot to think about that night.

Will she or will she not?