Chapter 3

Mia's POV:

I lock the nursery before remembering I left my computer inside. I rather quickly unlocked the door it flying open running inside. I was in quite a rush since the owner would get mad if it was left open any later than it already was. The minute I had my laptop I rushed outside stopping outside the toddler room. The sound of someone crying echoed through the door.

Out of utter curiously I quietly opened the door. It made a squeaking sound as I did so seeing Charlotte sat on the ground with a blanket, clothes and loads of belongings that must be hers. At the wrong moment she looks up to see me staring.

"Mia!" She exclaims blushing a deep shade of pink clearly embarrassed. "I thought you'd left? I heard the door lock" she questioned me looking down. I shake my head. "Uh forgot my laptop, Char what are you doing here?" I realise my mistake the minute I say char but she doesn't seem to notice. She's too caught up in her own thoughts. "Er I'm" she clearly doesn't want to tell me. I carefully sit down on the floor next to her asking the question again. "I won't judge" I promise her quietly. She swallows taking in a deep breath "ever since my husband.. you know well I've kinda been homeless. He of course paid for majority of the house because lets me honest working at a nursery doesn't pay that much and I um well Marjorie's been letting me sleep here until I get back on my feet" I can't help but feel sympathy for the girl sat there looking down with tears running down her cheeks. I didn't even think it was in my nature to feel sympathy. "Char?" I ask. She looks up as I say her nickname. "Look uh I know your feeling hurt, lost, lonely, like you've nobody" she nods as I say every adjective I can think of trying to waste time before realising I have to have Locked up a half hour ago.

"Listen char I thought maybe you were possibly living with Marjorie or autumn or even Carly but you're seriously homeless?" I question. She nods.

"I know you may see me as some control freak, someone who throws a tantrum when they don't get their own way and just overall a mean person because Marjorie probably poisoned all your minds but the truth is Charlotte I'm a nice person. To people who have been nice to me and I get that we don't know each other that well but I'd love for you to live with me for a while till you can get a house of your own" I offer

Charlottes POV:

I look up when Mia offers that I stay with her until I land back on my feet "for real?" I question not half trusting her. She nods. Realisation hits me that she actually cares which really surprises me. "Yeah I'd like that thanks so much for offering and I promise the minute i can afford to get a house I'll be out" Mia smirks. "No rush"

She reaches out her hand placing it on mine "char I wish you weren't going through this you don't deserve it and if letting you stay at my place helps so me it im just surprised that Marjorie didn't let you stay at hers" I look down deciding to be honest since she was being nice to me "truth is that Marjorie didn't even know I was staying here or homeless I was just embarrassed that's all" I look down blushing. "It's alright sweetheart it can be our little secret" we both get up exiting the nursery with my luggage in tow and locking up.

Sorry this chapter isn't as long as my other ones thanks for reading so far and I hope ur enjoying reading as much as I enjoy writing each chapter :)