Chapter 6

Charlottes POV:

"Babe do you want a lift to work?" I hear Mia call up the stairs. "Yes just give me 5 mins" I call back. If I'm being honest I'd rather go back in time to Saturday when me and Mia were at the park having no worries. Some of the parents at the nursery real annoyed me and I didn't want to have to put up with them. I threw on a pair of ripped jeans paring it with a grey white fox jumper before straightening my hair which took about a half hour and applying some makeup. Before I went downstairs I brushed my teeth.

"Took your time" Mia says teasingly. I laugh. "It takes time and effort to look this good" I give her a spin as she looks me up and down her eyes finally landing on my face "well I've gotta give you that you do look good" she takes my hand in hers as we go to the car. "Uh Charlotte" I can tell somethings weighing on Mia's mind or she wouldn't sound so serious. "What's up?" I ask placing my hand on her knee. She smiles up at me as I do so. "Nothing much it's just what are we" a blush creeps across her cheeks. "What do you mean sweetheart" I gently twist her hair which I know makes her nervous. "Er I just mean are we  girlfriends or are we you know just friends" I smile. "Whatever you want Mia I don't care" I reply. She smiles. "So how about we date and see where it er goes from there? No labels yet" She asks. I nod telling her that that sounds like a fair deal and she squeezes my hand thanking me.

I go into the toddler room once I arrive to see Carly sat down with three or four of the kids "oh Charlotte hey!" Carly exclaims. "I think that.." Carly trails off so I urge her to say what she was going to say thinking it was work related "that Mia has the hots for you" she finishes in a rush. I look down embarrassed at being put on the spot like that. "Uh I er" her eyes widen. "I was just messing char but I know your hiding something spill" she commands me. When I don't she gets all the toddlers in the room to chant "spill spill spill" which I got to admit was kinda cute. "Fine I'll spill just get them to shut up" I tell her. She nods getting the kids to calm down before turning back to me. "So?" She urges me to speak. "Start from the beginning" she warns me. I start from the beginning, how I met Mia on the road, How she was kinda caring, how she came with me to break up with my husband finally ending in the park.

Carly's eyes are wide by the time I finish. "O-M-G so you and Mia are- are you official" I can tell she's curious. I shake my head "so what are you" she creases her brow clearly confused. "Uh well we're just dating. No labels" she squeals. "That's so cute!" She jumps up and down pulling me up to jump with her.

I just thought I'd give one more reaction chapter till Marjorie comes back!