seven. (*)

Mia and Harry felt happy.

Ever since making their relationship official, the few weeks after that had been spent on pink clouds of blushing kisses and shy hand holding for the both of them. 

They spent time together when they could, Mia even going as far as taking Harry to the library with her. He had done so with a scrunched up brow, not too keen on being back in the building. But sitting next to Mia as she was in her regular study spot, and watching her as she had a concentrated frown on her face while trying to figure out whatever theories she was reading, made everything worth it.

And in return, Mia’s pouty face received her a sweet kiss whenever she had finished a chapter. Harry had cheekily agreed to that being her reward for good studying and she had never been a better student.

Their time spent in the library made them bond over school more. They broadly discussed their favourite subjects and could go into discussions about certain philosophical things, but in a nice way. In a way that it challenged them both to see the other’s perspective, and it always turned into both of them smiling as they teased one another.

Mia felt horrible the first time she was scolded in the library for making too much noise, and Harry joked how they were both blacklisted now. Seeing as she was moving boundaries, she had pulled Harry between the books for a deeper kiss. Mia had never felt more alive.

They usually spent Friday nights together, doing something. They went ice skating once as the rink was put up outside of campus, and Harry often just spent time at the apartment with Mia when Hazel went out with her friends on Friday. 

Mia and Harry would cook together, watch a movie and kiss and cuddle. Occasionally, Mia had fallen asleep on Harry’s shoulder during the movie, even when it was a horror movie. Harry could never understand how she did that, but gladly paused and pulled her closer into his chest as she softly hummed.

If he was really silent, he could almost hear her purring at the close contact. 

No matter how often they kissed and cuddled and even grinded a little, they had never spent the night together. Mia never really offered and Harry decided to wait to ask her if he could stay. He didn’t want to push Mia into anything she wasn’t ready for, or that she wasn’t asking for.

Harry was waiting for Mia to give him the green light, but Mia was waiting for Harry to take the initiative because she was too shy to do so. And so nothing really happened and both just waited for the other to make a move. Harry knew Mia wouldn’t just climb on top of him and rip off his clothes, but he hoped they could communicate properly about when the time was right and what they both wanted.

Once, he arrived late at night for a desperate cuddle from her. Mia was in shorts and a shirt, fresh out of the shower and Harry fell in love all over again when he saw her untamed hair, make-up free face and tired eyes when the hour neared midnight.

They ended up kissing and cuddling on the bed, Mia getting more and more comfortable with Harry’s lips on hers. His hands had trailed up her bare thighs and even slipped underneath the leg holes to cup her ass and pull her into him a little more.

It was always a bit of a search with Mia to find where her boundaries were. The second Harry felt her stiffening up, he retrieved his touch and comforted her a little. Mia was still surprised every time she felt his hard-on through his clothes. Even after that make-out session, Harry went home with swollen lips and a boner in his pants. 

Just like he had asked her first if he could stay for the night when his eyes closed on their own after finishing their movie on a Friday. And then Mia decided for herself that she kind of never wanted him to leave. Harry’s sleepy face was what her dreams were made of. His lips slightly parted, his hair everywhere and his eyes closed… she could just stare at him forever. And then they woke up entangled – well Harry tangled into Mia who neatly stayed on her side of the bed as always – and they both felt like they were in heaven.