Harry nodded, “Yeah. That’s cool.”

“And then she invited me over to check it out and get to know her, and we hit it off quite quickly. I didn’t think she’d like me all that much. Hazel’s so bubbly and spontaneous and I’m very quiet, especially when meeting someone at first. But I brought her flowers and she was very surprised.”

“You brought her flowers?” Harry asked with raised brows and Mia nodded, “I did. As a thank-you that she invited me and gave me a chance to see the apartment in person.”

Harry’s grin grew, “Well then of course she picked you. A sweetheart like you showing up with a bouquet of flowers, bet she was sold immediately. Who wouldn’t be?” The compliment rolled off his tongue easily and Harry didn’t miss the way Mia blushed slightly at his words.

She had done the same thing when he called her sweetheart back at the restaurant, and he found it – once again – completely endearing.

“Would you be sold?” Mia picked up her bravery and dared making eye contact with Harry, who tilted his head to the side with a small smile, “If you showed up at my door with flowers? Of course. I might be a man but I love receiving flowers.”

Mia giggled under her breath and nodded, “Okay.”

“How about you?”

“Oh,” Mia lifted her head with a gentle smile, “I’ve never received flowers. But I guess I’d really like it if someone did that, it seems nice.” Mia wasn’t sure why, if she was honest. Flowers seemed like a stupid thing, something disposable. They sat in a vase for a while, looking pretty, until they welted and you had to throw them out. Yet somehow, she loved the idea and it felt romantic.

“We’re going to have to change that soon.” Harry mused and Mia blushed again. Her heart was drumming against her ribcage and her fingers mindlessly played with her hair. She couldn’t take her eyes off of Harry, who was so enchanting and mesmerising she wasn’t sure if she’d ever get used to how beautiful he was.

“You’re staring, love.” Harry teased playfully and Mia nibbled her lip, casting her eyes down, “Sorry.”

Harry scooted a little closer, “Don’t apologise. It’s cute.”

Mia felt her cheeks heating as she twisted her fingers around a little and Harry shuffled a little closer, his knee bumping into hers on the couch. The steaming cups of tea on the table were a little forgotten as Harry’s hand found Mia’s, and he gently stroked the tip of his pointer finger over her middle knuckle, “You’re so cute.” He sighed out.

Mia lifted her eyes, falling back into that dreamy state when looking at him. She melted into the couch a little, their eyes catching together. Mia sighed through her nose, “You’re very sweet, Harry.”

“Yeah?” He softly smiled, “Am I a sweetheart as well?”

Mia giggled a little and nodded, “Definitely.”

“Then I guess we’re a pair of sweethearts, the two of us.” He mumbled playfully. Mia hardly knew how to contain her giddiness and Harry licked his lips, “Am I sweet enough to get a little kiss from you?”

Mia’s heart skipped a beat. Actually, it skipped two beats. The first because she realised Harry wanted to kiss her again and the second was more of a heart skip in anxiety because he wanted her to kiss him. Mia had been nervous the entire time, but it helped that Harry just guided her through, but now he wanted her to take initiative and make the move.

Harry saw the anxiety written all over her face and brought his hand up to gently stroke two fingers down her jaw, “Hm? Y’tasted so sweet earlier, can’t get enough.” He murmured to coax her. Mia exhaled a shaky breath, everything inside of her screaming to just kiss him.