⟣Chapter 96

Começar do início

Wen Qingling found the black-cloaked figures in a forest outside the civilized city. They didn’t even have the qualification to enter the city.

Wen Qingling walked briskly outside, saying, “I’m going to meet him.”

Xiao Hen quickly caught up and said, “I’ll go with you.”

Throughout the journey out of the city, Wen Qingling couldn’t help but praise the tremendous changes that had occurred in the civilized city in just over a month.

Xiao Hen was very curious about Lu Tianjin’s arrival, and Wen Qingling didn’t hide anything from him. He told him about their cooperation in finding Xu Shengfei.

Xiao Hen also felt that there was a deep connection between Lu Tianjin and Xu Shengfei.

Lu Tianjin didn’t understand why Wen Qingling hadn’t seen him, but since Xiao Hen asked him to wait, he had no choice but to wait. Lu Tianjin was certain that Wen Qingling wouldn’t let Xu Shengfei go and that they would eventually meet.

Just as he was thinking about this, two figures appeared before him.

Lu Tianjin stood up and said, “You finally came.”

Wen Qingling had a cold expression on his face and didn’t waste any words on him. He said, “Have you confirmed her location?”

Lu Tianjin nodded, “Yes, I have.”

Wen Qingling asked, “Where is she?”

Lu Tianjin replied, “In the north.”

Wen Qingling raised an eyebrow. It was quite a coincidence that it was in the north again. He asked, “Where exactly?”

Lu Tianjin gestured to the black cloak he was wearing, “I don’t know the exact location, but I can pinpoint her position.”

Wen Qingling stared at him for a few seconds before saying, “Your ‘pinpointing’ better be accurate, or else my anger towards Xu Shengfei might be directed at you.”

After Wen Qingling finished speaking, he turned and left.

Xiao Hen asked, “Are you going there personally?”

Wen Qingling replied, “I must go there myself. I don’t trust anyone, and I have to see her die in front of me.”

Xiao Hen didn’t try to persuade him and simply said, “I’ll go with you.”

Wen Qingling turned his head to look at him and asked, “If you come with me, what about the civilized city?”

Xiao Hen helplessly said, “The civilized city is already on the right track. Each department has someone in charge. We can leave for a few days without any problems.”

Wen Qingling fell silent for a moment before saying, “The world has changed.”

“Hasn’t the world already changed?” Zombies were everywhere, mutations and plants were abundant, the zombie virus had broken out, and humans had been searching for the source of the infection. Various evidence indicated that severe environmental pollution and global warming had caused ancient viruses hidden beneath the thick ice of the polar regions to erupt, revealing the truth behind the catastrophe.

But now, even the environment itself was changing. The spread of the ancient virus alone couldn’t explain it. Humans didn’t want to believe it, but they had no choice but to accept that this was likely another cleansing of the Earth, just like several major extinctions in history.

A hint of mockery appeared in Wen Qingling’s eyes. “Do you think that global warming, the rampant virus, and the presence of zombies would be the end? Humans always find ways to court death. Earth’s organisms won’t go extinct, and humans won’t stop.”