18 - The Pain (and what takes it)

Wooyoung walked in with silent and hesitant steps, Yunho now coming through the door as well and his heart immediately dropped at the sight that awaited him inside. He silently closed the door behind him and just observed Wooyoung walking closer to the sofa, feeling like keeping a safe distance for some reason. Wooyoung crouched down in front of the sofa, a worried frown present on his face.

"San?" He called out softly and shook his shoulder as weakly as he could to not frighten him, but to also make it clear that San wasn't alone anymore.

When Wooyoung didn't receive any reaction, he repeated his action, now actually meeting San's eyes once he opened them. He immediately tried to push Wooyoung off. San didn't have the strength to do more than get Wooyoung's hand off him, but the message definitely came across.

"Don't look at me," he voiced, the words leaving his mouth in a mixture of a mumble and a whine, and turned his back to Wooyoung.

Yunho frowned watching the scene unfold in front of his eyes and Wooyoung only sighed before he got up again, accidentally kicking one of the empty soju bottles that was placed close to his feet. San was drunk. An empathetic, almost painful expression painted Wooyoung's face as he looked at him for a few more seconds, and then it turned into anger. He clenched his jaw before walking away from the sofa and pulling out his phone to call Mingi.

"I'm home. Can you pick me up? I'll tell you everything once you're here," Wooyoung spoke fast. "Alright. See you in a few minutes. Oh, and don't ring the doorbell."

Yunho and Wooyoung sat at the kitchen island, not a single word leaving their mouths. Their eyes would meet sometimes and speak for them, but other than that it was extremely silent. Wooyoung's leg bounced, and Yunho rested his chin on his folded hands while they waited. It didn't take long until Mingi sent Wooyoung a message, the latter immediately getting up and putting his jacket back on as he made his way towards the door.

"Look after San, please."

When Wooyoung explained what he'd seen after his return, Mingi sighed and nodded, the sadness also evident on his face. He then repeated again how he knew something was off. Both agreed quickly that this definitely was linked to Hongjoong in some way.

"How could you even be here so fast?"

Mingi scratched the back of his head. "To be honest, I was waiting nearby until you'd call me. I wanted to be ready, this uneasy feeling never left me."

Upon asking where they'd go, Wooyoung scoffed. "To wherever the hell Hongjoong is at right now."

Mingi's first thought was to drive to Hongjoong's office since it was closer than his house. If they'd get unlucky, he could always drive there later. It took around thirty minutes until they reached their destination. Wooyoung followed Mingi since he didn't know where they'd have to go. With every step he took, Wooyoung felt the anger burn in his chest more and more intensely. Mingi knocked, not having high hopes. But to their surprise, the door opened.

"Mingi?"

"Seonghwa," Mingi nodded politely to greet the bodyguard in the doorframe.

Wooyoung started to grow impatient. He only heard how both bodyguards talked back and forth, Seongwha explaining how Hongjoong couldn't see anyone today and Mingi claiming that it wouldn't take long, and then Wooyoung's vision blanked when he heard Hongjoong calling out and asking what was wrong.

I will fucking show you what is wrong. Wooyoung had enough. He dodged both Mingi and Seonghwa and pushed himself through the entrance, eyes searching for Hongjoong.

"Wooyoung? To what do I owe the honor?"

Once their eyes locked, there was no stopping. Wooyoung rushed forward.