003 ... heartbreak is a bitch

GET HIM BACK !▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

GET HIM BACK !
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

chapter three, heartbreak is a bitch

      "It's mostly kids from our year level," Quinni pointed out to Maeve who borrowed a spare hoodie from Darren who kept one in their locker, the hoodie was thrown over Maeve's head as she hid from everybody's gaze in absolute embarrassment.

Her eyes darted to Dusty who sat nonchalantly, fiddling with his fingers. At the moment, Maeve decided she was going to get her popularity back, and she was going to get that boy back for what he did to her.

Heartbreak is a bitch.

Dusty Reid was always different. When she moved to Australia, she was a new girl with an opportunity to re-brand herself and create a version people would adore. In her old school, she was not very likeable nor popular.

Everyone, including her family, expected her to know what to do, to understand how to adjust but she was a young girl who needed acceptance. Dusty did that, he accepted her. He assisted her whilst Hartley was all new to her, helping her to not feel so suffocated.

Now, he was not there to stop all that pain, to stop hurting so much — him being the cause of that pain and all.

"It's probably Spider or one of those idiots." Darren shook their head in repulsion, "how you stand any of them, I don't know."

"I don't think it's Spider," Maeve honestly says, "he's always sucking up to Dusty — he wouldn't expose himself."

"Hmm," Darren nodded, "most of the map is bullshit anyway."

Harper McLean entered the hall, her hair completely buzzed off and now bleached platinum blonde.

"That bitch," she mumbled underneath her breath, "she's the only one who knew."

"No way, she snitched?" Darren gasps dramatically. A few more murmurs about Harper's new appearance filled the room, there was Amerie who got up from her seat to approach the girl only to be interrupted by the principal.

Woodsy called for everybody's attention, "I am a woke woman... I enjoy sex as much as the next person."

Some students chuckled, and Maeve groaned, "Ew, too much details."

Whilst Woodsy lectured them, Amerie looked back at a hoodie-covered Maeve to send her an apologetic look — feeling guilty for what she had done.

"Don't fucking look at me," she hisses, leaning forward harshly when Darren pulled her back.