Chapter 13: Ashes

Start from the beginning

Jonathan looked at her, trying to process what he said to her as Anne was staring at him.

Jonathan: What?

Anne: You heard me. . .

Jonathan was shocked as He placed the paper on the table and continued staring at her in shock, Anne looked at the ground as Crawford spoke to her.

Jonathan: How long?

Anne: Three weeks. . .

Jonathan: Oh god.

He began holding his head and was shocked by what he heard, Anne just stared at him in silence and knew how difficult this was.

Jonathan looked at her again as Anne was worried about what he was going to say next, There was silence between them as the tension was rising.

Jonathan: That was not supposed to happen. . .

Anne: *Sighs* I didn't want this to happen as well, and I'm really worried right now.

Jonathan was staring at her while sighing to himself, Anne was looking at him as She spoke to him.

Anne: What are we gonna do now?. . .

Jonathan: Anne, I suggest you just go home and rest up. . . I'll think about this later, I don't know what to say right now.

Anne: Excuse me? B-

Jonathan: Anne, just please give me time, Go home and rest up, You already don't look well.

And he was right, Anne was starting to feel nauseous, Anne was gonna speak to him until she started feeling a bit odd, She just quickly nodded and ran out of the office as Jonathan looked worried as he left the office.

He noticed she was running to the bathroom as Jonathan was staring at her until she ran inside, Crawford sighed to himself and entered his office, sitting on his chair and thinking what to do now.

About five minutes passed, and Jonathan received a message from Anne as he was reading the message.

Anne: [Hey, Sorry, I'm feeling sick right now. I'm going home right now]

Jonathan: [Anne, I don't think you can drive, Please take a taxi.]

Anne: [No, I'm okay. There isn't too much traffic today.]

[But Jonathan, We really need to talk about this. ]

Jonathan: [We will, First take care of yourself. I'll visit you tonight]

Anne: [No please don't come home, There is just some problems going on ]

Jonathan was confused by that message, but he replied with "Okay" Jonathan got up from his chair and looked at the window while thinking about what he was going to do now.

This was something he never wanted to happen, Both of them just wanted to have fun and fulfil their needs, no love or anything. But now he was going to be a father and he didn't want to be father. . .

He sighed again and thought about Anne, Now he was stuck in this difficult situation with difficult choices.

Should he just leave Anne?

Or should he stay with her?

It was going to be heartbreaking if he really did try to leave her, but he wasn't sure what to do. He thought that could be the right decision, but again, there was something going through his heart.

He didn't want to break her heart.

Jonathan continued watching the window until he saw Anne walking towards her car as Crawford was staring at her and watched her get inside the car, He continued staring at the window while smoking a cigarette