I was irritated, because sympathy didn’t help.

“Where is he?!”

I snapped in frustration. At the same time, I couldn’t help but burst into uncontrollable tears. The paladin who had blocked my path hesitated before he moved aside as the Archbishop gestured.

“Come with me.”

I followed him.

The Archbishop took a bundle of keys from his robe and unlocked the lock on the innermost chamber.

Creak.

When the door opened, I saw a man sitting forlornly on a rough bed, his eyes closed.

“Eden!”

I immediately ran to him.

Opening his eyes, Eden looked at me and asked.

“What about the Emperor?”

I couldn’t answer immediately, but he didn’t say anything more. It seemed he realized something was amiss when he saw me crying.

I stammered.

“The, the Emperor didn’t… didn’t take Seraphina. The original story is distorted.”

Eden’s face turned pale at my words.

“Hasn’t Seraphina met the Emperor?”

“She did meet him! She met him, but…”

As I grabbed Eden’s arm and sobbed uncontrollably, I heard him muttering curses under his breath.

“I thought it was written like that in the book you brought.”

“That’s right, it was written like that, h-heuk… but… it went wrong…”

“Try to calm down. Stop crying. We missed our chance now, but…”

My anger flared.

The problem wasn’t just that we missed the opportunity!

I pressed my contorted face closer to Eden’s.

“That’s not the problem right now! He didn’t go crazy for Seraphina. He’s… he’s going to find me!”

While Eden had a stunned expression, I sobbed and let go of his arm.

In the end, he was only thinking about himself, and I needed to deal with the crisis in front of me on my own.

I took a step forward without thinking. Just as I was about to pass through the door to the room where he was being held, Eden walked up behind me, grabbed my arm and spun me around.