An Actor

"But critics call the move shortsighted and a slinging blow to the local economy." The newswoman says on the TV.

"It's an assault on capitalism. Disgusting. This is the last time I bring my fair to this Podunk town." Lita says.

"Without the income from Lita's festival, there's no way I can keep this place afloat. I'm ruined." Vincent says sadly.

"We'll try to solve this mystery before Lita packs up for good." Velma says.

"Thank you Velma. I'm really lucky to have you kids here." Vincent says.

"Hey guys. I'm worried about Shaggy and Scooby. I haven't seen them since last night." Fred says as he comes in the room with a stake.

"I saw them take off screaming last night about the vampire. But in a fair filled with vampire stuff and people dressed up that's not really unusual for them. They probably just went to go get food to calm their nerves like usual." Alexis says.

"I just hope the vampire didn't get them." Fred says.

"I highly doubt we're dealing with a real vampire. Show him Daphne." Velma says.

"I found this in the Mystery Machine. It's a piece of the Vampire's cloak. I must've torn it loose when he attacked us." Daphne says as she holds up a cloth.

"What's an old piece of fabric gonna prove?" Fred asks.

"It's not old. It's clearly poly-krillion. A synthetic

material first produced in 1997." Daphne says.

"Daphne definitely knows her way around fabrics." Alexis says as she smiles.

"So the vampire or whatever it was probably isn't a thousand years old." Daphne says.

"Oh what a relief. I mean not that I thought we were dealing with a real vampire. That would be dumb to think that." Fred says.

"Actually I must confess... The outfit Valdronya was wearing in his tomb was new." Vincent says.

"What?" Alexis asks in surprise.

"How? You said he was sealed in his tomb for a thousand years." Velma says in surprise.

"Yes but his clothing had disintegrated overtime. We unsealed him briefly for authentication and in the name of modesty." Vincent says.

"Valdronya's clothing had disintegrated but he didn't. That's odd." Daphne says.

"A vampire is a living being even in a state of slumber. This is what's left of his original garments." Vincent says as he brings over a box with some old clothing in it.

"Antique Asian silk. Spun gold markings. The thick hand weave. Fabric like this hasn't been made for years." Daphne says as she inspects the clothing.

"Valdronya is still out there." Vincent says.

"Think I'll just grab these things." Fred says as he nervously grabs a hammer and stake as Alexis shakes her head at him.

"I'm afraid those actors unleashed an unholy terror upon us all." Vincent says.

"Hmm. I'll go check them out. Something isn't adding up with them." Alexis says.