57: Force Ocon to quit

Race day

Maeve's point of view

'Verstappen, wake up', I knock on his door.

'I'm coming', I hear.

This week, staying with him... it was really nice.

We played games, we talked, we had a really nice time.

Tomorrow we fly to the United Kingdom.

It feels like we will seperate or something...

We won't be spending all our time together.

Not like I care but it was nice.

I just don't feel lonely with him.

I have friends and family but I feel alone sometimes.

Sienna and Luciana are sweethearts but they grew up in this life basically as WAGS.

They aren't racing drivers, just related to them.

They don't know what I'm doing and how hard it is.

They think they do, they try to understand, they just don't really know.

Max does.

Max knows how it is to, you know, fail.

To have people count on you and then you let them down.

When I close my eyes all these flashbacks start coming back in, me being P3 yesterday.

Life of an F1 driver is hard, we're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time. It's miserable and magical.

Max just gets me.

'I'm here, let's get some coffee', Max smiles.

I nod, I could use some.

I am looking at the reactions on my story

'So cute!'

'You will beat him!'

'Vettel we love you!'

But one is stuck in my mind: 'Bet you want to sit on his face a lot'.

I laugh at it mostly, but do people really think Max and I fuck each other?

He may wish.

I'm walking towards Owen, my radio has sucked this whole weekend, it better be good today.

'Nein, nein! Es muss perfekt sein!', I see my father is already talking to him.

'Beruhige dich, Dad. He's doing everything he can', I pat my father on his back. 'Make sure this works Owen, or I will cut off your balls and feed them to Mercedes, copy?'.

Owen laughs, 'Copy'.

'I had to calm down, huh? You threatened to cut off his balls', my dad laughs.

'Had to teach him. Look, Dad, I'm a little worried about this weekend. P3... Carlos and Max both had 18s, Carlos even broke the old record with a 1:17.982. I can't seem to find the time I left behind', I say.