3: Beautiful Eyes

Max's point of view:

'Verstappen, drop your pants, have you grown balls yet?', Horner opens his arms. 'Yea yeah very funny, good morning Christian', I hug him.

'Max I will do everything I can to make sure you know we still love you', he smirks. He's a dick, but I can't help but smile.

We walk to the paddock entrance, there are a lot of fans and cameras. 'Max! Max please!', I hear and look at Horner.

'Don't talk to them please, we don't want a scandal, not while you're still mad at her', but that's where he is wrong, I'm not mad at the girl, I'm just mad... but really I don't want to lose my seat so maybe it's better to talk to one of the people standing there.

'Max! Max, please! We're a small TV channel!', well... if I do it, It better be good for my reputation, I walk to the people standing there, the channel is called F1-Television. 'Max, don-', Horner tries to stop me but he's too late.

'Hello there! You have any questions for me?', I ask the reporter, she's pretty. 'Y-yes, Hi Max, good morning'.

The interview

Reporter - How do you feel about driving in Bahrein this weekend?

Max - Pretty damn good, the weather is great. We've got enough water, I'm fine really. 

Reporter - Red Bull confirmed last week that there is a new driver. Correct?

Max - Indeed, I think all of you might know her dad. Our new driver is Maeve Vettel 

Reporter - You have seen Sebastian Vettel racing, aren't you afraid that his daughter is as good?

Max - Well I think we could only hope, I am sure that she's her own person and should not be compared to her father all the time, but I think that if she was a bad driver Red Bull would not have offered her a contract

Reporter - I agree. Max, a lot of people have been making rude comments about you not wanting her on your team or her being better than you. What is your opinion about it?

Max - To be honest, we had great years, I had great years and still have many years to make great but I sure as hell am excited to make those years great with our team, which includes Maeve. I really don't care about all the comments, at the end of the day it's me who is racing and it's me who makes the mistakes so no blaming anyone else for that

Reporter - Thank you so much for your time, Max. Have a great race today!

End of interview

'I hate the fact that you just made the whole thing up, but that was a smart move, Max. Really, we are happy with you on our team and we will be until you leave. I promise you, Max, you're like my son, I won't let you down.

Horner puts his hand on my back, and I smile.

'Thanks, Christian, I'm very happy with the team, let's rock 'n roll right?', god... what am I doing?

Maeve's point of view:

'Max, come here, please. This is Maeve, Maeve Vettel', Horner tells him.

Max is coming my way, he has an irritated look on his face, but he is happy with me in the team, he told the interviewer.

'Hi, I'm Max, welcome to Red Bull', Horner says something about having a team spirit and then excuses himself.