A sandwich of pride

Ash didn't know if it was more embarrassing that they had fallen asleep outside at the back of the Pokémon center, thus wasting the room they booked, or that he had asked Nurse Joy if he could keep Pikachu with him, to then abandon him all night.

Maybe both, although he would have liked to blame it on the jet lag.

Serena was the first to wake up, shivering in the breeze of that cool morning. Luckily for them it was warm enough that their traveling clothes didn't get wet.

Once Ash was up too, they both rushed inside the structure, running towards their room.

As soon as the door was opened, Pikachu and Sylveon were there to welcome them with a frown.

In the end, they weren't really angry at their trainers, much less concerned given the slow progress in their relationship

In the end, they weren't really angry at their trainers, much less concerned given the slow progress in their relationship. They didn't have to worry about them doing crazy things.

However, they wouldn't refuse some poképuffs as an apology.

In a hurry they grabbed their things and left, greeting the nurse as if nothing had happened.

They then headed towards the shops district. The day before they hadn't even been able to buy the things they needed for the journey, given the unexpected events. However, it was always better to depart in the morning, so they tried to make up as much time as possible.

"We got the pokéballs, the lunch too..." Serena checked, crossing the points off the list.

They had full backpacks, but it was certain that by that evening they would already be empty, given that half of them were filled with food that Ash hadn't been able to choose from. However, he had assured that he would dispose of them and Serena had no doubt of that.

The route that led to Hilsette Town was a classic country road that nestled in a small forest. A long river with wide margins, considered the longest in Forsia and unraveling from north to south, flowed nearby.

Nurse Joy had told them the name was Pici. At first they didn't want to believe her, laughing loudly at the absurd and banal name, but they had to change their minds once they checked on the map.

It was really named like that.
Apparently it was certainly a very busy road, given the pristine conditions of the route. Which was understandable as it was the main route to the capital. Nonetheless, there was a pleasant air, capable of transmitting vitality. It felt like a simple walk.

As they continued, the urban traces became increasingly fewer, giving way to trees and long grassy fields. Pokémon could be seen hiding in the vegetation, most of them staying at a safe distance but watching with curiosity.