Pop Trouble

The employee's attempt at avoiding trouble by hurrying ended up—

Ryo somehow knew it wouldn't work, in the back of his mind, being all too aware of how well-known he was to the general public, and even an older couple turned their heads and pointed at him. There were a few flashes of the cameras and gaggles of fangirls they found themselves going past when they ran into her.

She caught him off guard, not holding back in mincing words, her warm skin darker than his fangirls. Yet, her accent indicated she came from out of the country, possibly the United States, where Takashi transferred garrison programs, much to Ryo's irritation, given the distance his older brother put between them during Takashi's high school years.

"But then I didn't know Keith was there, that he'd found him after all that time."

Ryo's eyes blinked, taking in her vivid blue eyes and curly brown hair, quickly clearing his throat at the realization she wore a skin-tight bathing suit, although she wore shorts over the top and her swimsuit as a one-piece covered much. And then she spoke, confirming his suspicions. "Something else to interrupt my vacation?"

"Sorry?" Ryo's plans didn't involve interrupting another person's vacation, even though his mere presence tended to draw unwanted attention, yet the way she spoke those words. "That's not exactly a flattering way to say it."

The latest set of fangirls—

His eyes closed, thinking of the lack of personal space, making him wonder if this particular group of fangirls came from a country where pop idols weren't the standard. His agent quickly apologized to the young woman he'd interrupted the vacation of, handing off his card, not that Ryo thought the young woman thrilled with the prospect of calling his agent, though the fan girls—

He let out a sigh.

"If those fangirls got their hands on that card, they'd surely abuse it," Ryo thought to himself, glad when Alisa finally brought them to the hotel room they'd be staying in.

"I'll take it from here," his agent said, nodding and taking the key from Alisa's mouth.

"Good. I mean, the proper thing to say is we'll handle whatever you may need, but your fangirls are so annoying!"

"I'm aware," Ryo said. "They're still my fans."

"And business," Alisa said, nodding her head. "Still hope you can have a nice stay, particularly since you're Haru's cousin. You may not, though, get the usual experience."

"She'll be disappointed, but I won't blame any of you," Ryo said. "And sorry for being..." He paused, tilting his head. "Hey? Did Hana say anything regarding why I'm here?"

"That." Alisa sighed. "It's not the norm, you know, to give out information regarding our clientele, and I'm not going to be breaking that rule even though I know there's a reason why Haru did this time. As I told her not to bother this brother of yours if he doesn't want to be, but I think you should consider my advice as well on that."

"You don't..." Ryo started saying, then sighed. "It's honestly complicated. I'd love to take your advice about not bothering him if he doesn't want me to bother him, but there's the issue of him avoiding me, so we can't resolve things so he doesn't consider me a bother anymore."

"You know, you're really not helping your case."

"Keith is," his agent started saying. "Well, you should be forewarned. Ryo's brother can be quite stubborn-headed, to possibly his own detriment."

"Noted. I think," Alisa said, rubbing her ear as she frowned. "And you could be feeding me biased information."

"I'd be less concerned, honestly," Ryo said, taking a deep breath and looking her in the eye. "If our older brother was still around looking out for him and that stubborn head of his. I've not seen Keith since Takashi's funeral, and things—let's say things between Keith and I are complicated, and I don't like how things ended back then."

"Yeah. Still not helping you track that brother of yours down."

"If you're worried about us causing trouble in that regard..."

"If you find him on your own, there's nothing I can honestly do about that," Alisa said. "But honestly, if he doesn't want to see you, he doesn't want to see you."

"Which I can't know until I see him," Ryo said, then he took a deep breath. "Look, I'm not asking for help, and I promise..."

"Don't make promises you're not going to want to keep," Alisa said, sighing. "If you're anything like Haru, oh boy." She shook her head. "She's not one to back down when she puts her mind to something, but if you take after her that way, that brother of yours will as well." She let out a deep breath. "Anyways, I've got to get back to the front desk."

"Thank you for intervening," his agent said, bowing. Alisa nodded her head, waved, and disappeared. His agent unlocked their hotel room and pulled the suitcases in while Ryo stepped in. He flopped onto the couch, grabbing the pillow, and—

He screamed into the pillow, letting out his frustrations.

"Look. I know things aren't exactly going as you hoped," his agent said. "But you still need to relax as you're on vacation, Ryo."

"I'll relax," Ryo said, turning over and looking at the ceiling, placing a hand on his forehead. "I'll relax once I find Keith and give him a piece of my mind."

"And that is the kind of trouble the staff here are hoping to avoid, but..."

"I'm not going to cause trouble for Haru, I promise," Ryo said, sitting up, one leg pulled up on the couch as he took a deep breath. "By a piece of mind, I just want to drill it into that stubborn head of his. I do actually care about him, and I do want a relationship with him."

"Just keep in mind, you're also stubborn."

Ryo pulled out his phone, texting Haru. "Hey. I'm here and checked in. How are you?"

"I didn't forget that your mother's an alien."

Ryo's mouth pressed together, and a curse escaped his lips. "I was hoping for..." He stopped typing, his eyes blinking, deleting the words. "You've seen Keith. Why else would you bring that up, of all things?"

"I'm not allowed to say!"

"Say what? What's that supposed to mean after spilling the beans that he's here, Haru?"

"Hey. Why are you suddenly getting frustrated?" his agent asked. "Do I need to take..."

Ryo held up his finger, asking him to wait as he read the following text. "I promised. Sorry."

"Ugh," Ryo rolled his eyes before shaking his head. "That's fine. I'll find him on my own. It's better that I don't cause you trouble at your new place of work, Haru. Just do me a favor, and if you see him, keep him from getting into trouble. You know how he was when we were younger, always finding trouble."

"Rodger! I can do that!"

Ryo sighed, then looked up at his agent. "Well, Haru's going to be a dead end.

"Did you really want to risk your cousin's job?"

"No, and I'm fine with her not telling me anymore. She did promise to keep an eye out for Keith getting into his usual trouble, though."

"Wait? Haru?"

"Yes. Haru."

"You do realize you're talking about another family member prone to attracting trouble, right?"

Ryo stared, then flopped back onto the couch. "Oh, good grief. My day just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?"