12

* Flashback to 1 year and 7 months ago *

" Damn! I had to forget today out of all the days ". I groaned, bringing the car to a halt. I looked at the rear-view mirror and sighed. I was feeling like I forgot something, so this is it. This damn tie. I sighed again and looked down at my watch. There are still thirty minutes left for the meeting to start. So I have to be quick, like real quick. Yes! I looked around and spotted a mall at some distance.

I quickly started the engine again and headed there. Parking my car in the parking spot of the mall, I hurried inside.

________

After reaching the second floor, I looked to the right and there it is. Luckily, I checked the map route on the ground floor. Wasting no time, I went towards the store.

" Please, can you give me today? I really want this ".

" No ma'am! Please try to understand. We can't give away like this. There are rules to follow ".

" I promise I'll come tomorrow to pay, I really need this. Please ".

" Sorry ma'am "

" Ok, then can you keep the bag separately? I'll come to take it tomorrow. Now, is this okay? ".

" Ah..... That.... We can't promise. As there is only one left, we have to give it away if someone else chooses it ".

" What the - "

That girl is really noisy. She has been pleading there since the moment I entered. God knows how long she has been standing there.

" I'm telling you people I'll come pay tomorrow, but you are not agreeing to that and on top of that, you can't even keep the bag separately even after telling I'll come tomorrow to buy it. What type of store is this? Are customers paid no importance? ".

She really is pleading hard. I bet she won't leave soon. I made my way towards the counter after finally getting the tie I was looking for.

" Here, tell me the amount. I'll pay for both ". I said, putting the tie on the counter as she finally stopped pleading and turned her head to take a look at me.

" Ok sir " The woman on the counter said with a smile taking the tie to wrap it up.

As I stood there waiting for the packages, I felt her stare on me though I'm not looking at her. She's staring at me intensely as if she's wondering why the hell I'm helping her pay when I don't even know her. Well.... I myself don't know why I'm doing this, I just felt like it. Maybe because she was so desperate for the bag that's why.

" Here! " The cashier said, handing the packages to me.

" Uh! Sorry to say this, but you have some stupid rules of selling things. I'm sorry if I offended you but in my opinion, I think every customer should be respected of their request. This lady here was clearly telling her intention of buying the bag. You could have atleast listened to her. Don't you think so? ". I said after taking the two packages as the woman's face turned red in embarrassment.

I grabbed the two packages and went out of the store with her following me.

Just as we stepped outside, I turned to face her.

" Here! " I said, giving her the bag and looked down at my watch. Fifteen minutes passed. I have to reach office in another fifteen minutes.

" Umm... Thankyou for helping me just now. The bag was a limited edition and also of my favorite brand. I don't have much cash with me today and I forgot my credit card at home. Actually, I came to buy something else and my eyes fell on the bag. Trust me, I would have gone to another store but it's already sold out in every other store, fortunately they had it in here... So I was pleading them as I really didn't want to leave it behind....So I'm really thankful to you ".