"Those people are after Cole and I. They will do anything right now to get to you, because we have a connection with you." Rosen sighed, stepping forward and giving me a stern look. "Ellie, there are a lot things you don't know about us," He shakes his head. "I never should have gotten involved with you, because I just dragged you down with me." His tone was harsh, condescending, like he was talking to a child. "You were fun to help me get my mind off of everything, but now we're in the real world,"

I couldn't help feeling a pain shoot through my heart at his words. I was his distraction. His distraction from whoever he really was. A million questions jolted through me, but I asked the first one I thought of.

"Did you lie to me about the alley?" I whispered, my mind racing at the realization that I was in an unfamiliar place with people I didn't really know. Strangers. Rosen and Cole were practically strangers in this moment.

"Yes." A hint of guilt crept into his voice, but his eyes were hard and unforgiving. My breathing increased and I felt a sense of dread creep into my stomach.

"Take me home," I demanded, my voice rising. "Right now."

"We can't," Cole stepped in, shaking his head. "They're still after you. They'll do anything to get to either of us, and that means capturing you and using you as bait. They've been watching. The people know Rosen and you were hanging out a lot, and that he got attached to you." I glanced at Rosen, but he wouldn't meet my eye.

"I'll go to the police about them. Please take me home, I won't tell anyone you were involved," I begged, a heavy feeling of desperation settling over me. I needed to get away from them. They both were psychotic. 

"Do you want your family to get involved? Your friends?" Rosen snapped, moving to stand directly in front of me. He gripped my arms and I withheld every instinct in me not to flinch and make a run for it. "You don't understand, these people will kill anyone. They aren't playing games and the police won't be able to stop them."

"You're right," I replied, trying to keep my voice strong. "I don't understand and I don't want to. This isn't my fault, it's yours. You are the ones who kidnapped me, not this mystery group of people you made up in your psycho brain." I grinded my teeth together, at this point only feeling anger when I looked at him. He lied and deceived me. I knew I should've probably kept my mouth shut and not provoke him.

Rosen's fingers dug into my arm as he glared down at me.

"Okay, lets take a step back. You need to calm down," Cole pushed Rosen back, coming in between us with his back to me. I found that it seemed Cole and Rosen's personalities had somehow switched overnight. Cole was now the more reasonable one, while Rosen turned into the angry and brooding type. I was overwhelmed with everything that was happening.

Rosen hesitated before turning and stalking off, heading to the side of the motel building.

"Cole please," I pleaded, throwing all my desperation into any ounce of niceness Cole had. He seemed less crazy than Rosen was, maybe he'd understand. "I need to go home. Everyone's going to be worried." Cole shook his head.

"We can't Ellie. It's safer for everyone if you're with us. This won't be forever, we'll get them off our trail and take you back home in a couple of weeks. Then, we'll distract them so they forget all about you. It'll be okay, I promise." Cole reassured, his eyes sincere.

I started to cry.

It was impossible to prevent the wave of emotions that overcame me. I was faced with the possibility of never seeing my parents again. I was going to be in an unfamiliar place, with people I didn't truly know.

I was alone.

Not only was I on my own, but I was also in danger. My life was on the line. I thought about my friends, what they must be thinking after I never returned to the party. Who called my parents? Do they even know yet? Have the police been notified?

Then my thoughts shifted.

Who were Rosen and Cole? Could people really be chasing them? And if so how could they be so dangerous that even the police wouldn't be able to stop them? I racked my brain for any signs or answers. The only thing that I could remember was that night in the alley where I first met Rosen. How could I be so gullible to believe his lie so easily. Why did I never call the police? Or at least tell my parents. Why did I keep it a secret. 

It'be because he came to the rescue. You viewed him as a hero and believed every lie he spun at you.  A voice whispered in the back of my head.

When I thought I was being adventurous and growing out of that naive label, I was actually living up to it.

Cole stayed standing there, just watching me closely. He didn't make any move to comfort me, as he knew he was a big reason behind the tears I was shedding. I was thankful to him for that.

I couldn't help but feel betrayed by the both of them. Yes, I cried for the situation I had gotten into. But the thing that hurt the most was the betrayal. I never loved Rosen or even thought of loving him, but I liked him a lot. He lied to me and I lost all my trust for him.

After this, I wasn't sure I would be able to trust anyone ever again.

Looking into Rosen's eyes was like looking in the eyes of a stranger's. A stranger I didn't want to get to know.

Sorry it took so long to update! This month will be crazy busy for me and it's going to be hard for me to find time to write! Please leave any and all feedback :) Thanks for reading