Found You

Pietro's POV

Carmilla Steele was no where to be found and Pietro was in deep shit. He had been speeding across the compound for thirty minutes desperately searching for any sign of the girl. He would slow into a casual walk when an employee happened to walk by and then resume his frantic pursuit. The thought of his mistake getting back to the team made his skin crawl.

Raking his hands through his hair he stopped in an empty hallway, blowing out a short breath. "I'm so fucked."

He pictured Steve's disappointed expression, imagined Tony's snarky remarks. Wanda would say it wasn't his fault but he would know the truth. Pietro always fucked things up.

Glancing down at the watch on his wrist, he cursed. It had already been forty-five minutes since he'd lost her, she could be anywhere by now.

"Hey F.R.I.D.A.Y? What's the status on the rest of the team?"

The feminine voice sounded from the speaker above him. "The team is still working but should be on the way back shortly. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Fuck—wait F.R.I.D.A.Y knows everything.

"Actually yeah there is, have you seen that girl recently? The Steele Corp employee."

There was silence for a moment before the voice spoke up again. "No. But I have seen a woman matching her description. She's in Mr.Starks Lab."

"The lab?" His eyes widened. "THE LAB?!"

"Yes."

"HOW THE FUCK DID SHE GET IN THERE?!" Pietro threw his hands out in exasperation as he readied himself to speed down there.

"I let her in."

"I-YOU WHAT?!" Pietro snapped his gaze to the speaker above him. "You know what? We'll talk later." His surroundings blurred past him as he sped down to Tony's lab. Within a second he was standing before the door, jabbing his finger at the key pad.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. open the door."

"I'm afraid I can't do that sir."

"Why?" His frustration was at an all time high now, he pinched the bridge between his eyes. "F.R.I.D.A.Y. you gotta let me in."

"It's against my orders sir, I can't let others in until she's finished."

"Finished with what?" He growled out. "And who told you to do that?"

"Ms.NotUnknown. The woman that matches the employee's description."

Pietro shook his head in disbelief. Tony had said he was fixing some bugs in F.R.I.D.A.Y.'s code, Pietro just didn't expect the android would be lacking common sense. His frustration surged so high he was sure he'd pop a blood vessel. He weighed his options.

He could call Tony and have this fixed, but that would only prove to them that he was useless. Or he could let her continue on with whatever it was she was doing and risk something worse...

Clenching his jaw he decided. "F.R.I.D.A.Y. Tony's just texted that he overrides his last command, you gotta open the door."

"I have access to your messages, he didn't text you."

"God! F.R.I.D.A.Y. The woman in there could be building a bomb to blow us all up and you'd be complicit in that!" He jabbed his finger to the ceiling in accusation. 

"No, she's working on a suit."

Pietro's eyes widened. "That's even worse!" He wanted to tear his hair out. "Did you even check if Tony actually gave her access?"

"No."

Pietro threw his hands out gesturing in frustration. "So that's probably a red flag!"

There was silence for a moment before the feminine voice spoke up again. "I open the door and Tony never has to know about this. Deal?"

Pietro felt like he could breath again. He nodded. "Deal, now please open the door."

The metal door slid open revealing Tony's vast lab and then the girl on the far side. She was hunched over a work table, moving between her papers and the blue holographic screen he'd seen Tony use many times before.

Her head snapped up at the sound of the door clicking shut behind him. They stood staring at each other for a moment. Her wide brown eyes stared into his blues, locked on each other like a cowboy standoff.

Suddenly, without warning, Carmilla grabbed a flash drive and ran to the open window. She had just enough time to place her hands on the window sill before Pietro grabbed her and pinned her back against the wall.

His forearm braced against her heaving chest while his other hand had snatched the chip from hers, holding it out of her reach.

"What's with you and running?" He shook his head staring down at her, both of them heavy breathing. Her lips pressed together in a thin line as her eyes glared daggers up at him. If looks could kill he'd be long gone.

"Thankfully the omelettes didn't burn but they're definitely cold now." He reached over her and shut the open window, putting the latch back in its place. "I don't want to lock you in that room but it seems you can't be trusted anywhere else."

He watched, waiting for her expression to change, to show some humanity beneath, but it remained that same stony rage.

Shaking his head he pulled her body from the wall. In silence, he guided her back to the lab's entrance. He didn't miss the slight glance she took back at the window before the door closed behind them.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

AN: Sorry for the short chapter this just seemed like a good stopping point before the next part. Here's another game cause i'm bored

Fuck, Marry, Kill
- Loki
- Pietro
- Tony