Chapter 5

In the Kingdom of Maenads:

"They're here!" A guard shouted. You and your parents arrived in the Maenads kingdom during the evening time. Even though you had all that time in the carriage to change your mood, you were still mad at what Asta did to you.

You just want to get this over with so you can go back home. The carriage fell into a complete stop and the door was opened by some random guards.

Your father got out first and a guard tried to help your mother out but your father refused and helped her out instead. You got out with the help of another guard and observed the area.

The kingdom of Maenads was truly a sight to see. In your opinion, if Asta's kingdom and this kingdom competed on who had the best looking castle, this castle would definitely win.

The guards were leading you and your parents into the castle. "Dad, have you been in this kingdom before?" You asked him.

"Nope." Your father says. "I've met the King and Queen but I haven't been in their castle." You hummed from understanding. While your family was walking into the castle, the King and Queen of Maenads were panicking because they can't find Gabriel.

"Out of all of the times he can't be found it has to be now?" The Queen complained to her husband. They just got the news that the guards aren't able to find the Prince.

"What should we do Diego?" She asked her husband.

"I don't know, we'll just tell them he's busy in his room. Then in the morning the Princess and Gabriel can meet. He'll definitely be found by morning." The King informed, the large doors of the castle opened, showing you and your parents at the entrance.

The inside of the castle looked even better. The vibrant colors they had made you wonder if you should redo the castle. You see both the King and Queen standing near the doors you had just walked in. You also took notice of how the Prince wasn't with them.

"Welcome to Maenads, I hope the ride here was pleasant." The Queen says while holding up a smile.

"It quite was. It's so nice you personally meet you two." Your mother commented, you were slightly bored of this conversation and wanted to leave quickly.

"We feel the same way." The Queen agreed, there was an awkward silence until the King informed, "I'm sorry Princess, my son had a busy day and decided to rest early. You'll be able to see him tomorrow morning during breakfast."

You were actually quite relieved by this, you haven't had no real free time in a while. "In the meantime, We'll lead your parents into their room and one of my maids will show you to yours."

Once she said that, a young maid wearing pigtails came over your way. "Could you follow me to your chambers your grace?" The maid asked in a monotone voice.

You nodded and the young woman started to walk, you were about to follow her but you decided to wish your parents good night. You turned to face them and slightly bowed down. "Good night Your Majesty's."

You then followed the maid into the flamboyant hallway. You noticed how there were many maids and butlers in the building, even though it's evening.

"Excuse me." You spoke up to the maid. "Why are there still many workers here?"

"Well, a ball is to be hosted tomorrow evening. The King and Queen wants everything to be perfect because they are going to congratulate the Prince." The maid explained, you get the feeling she's annoyed with something but you won't question it. Everyone has their days.

"Do you have an idea as to why they're congratulating their son?"

"I'm not too sure but it's probably to congratulate the Prince for being of age to start the next chapter of his life." You wonder why no one told you about the ball. You wasn't a big fan of them since you hated being in a crowded room, especially with strangers.