Chapter 3

The maid led you to a massive double door with 2 guards near it. This must the dining room. The guards took a look at you and opened door. The woman who walked you there uttered a goodbye and went on walking somewhere else.

Once the doors fully opened, all eyes were on you. Your parents were on the right side of the dining table and Asta's parents were sitting on the left.

The woman that was on the left side of Asta must be his mother. She looks gorgeous for her age but you can tell that the maid from earlier was telling the truth from her scowled expression.

"There she is. You got here right on time." Your father gladly welcomed. "Asta saved you a seat."

You looked at him and saw the empty seat next to him. You walked over there and sat in the seat.

"I hope you liked the room Princess." Asta leaded in and softly whispered.

"I did. The room was decorated beautifully." You complimented and looked around the room. Your parents were talking to King Jon but Asta's mother stayed quiet.

You figured it would be nice if you said something to her. Maybe she's not that bad as Asta described her. But... it looks like she's in a bad mood so you'll say something after dinner.

While deep in thought, Asta made some conversation with you to pass the time. You never thought he would be a good company to be around.

Butlers came with plates and placed it down next to all of us. They brought out a ribeye steak with mash potatoes on the side.

The food looked delicious so you didn't hesitate to start eating. You grabbed a fork and a sharp knife that were both on the right side of you.

"I hope the garden was to your liking Princess." King Jon suddenly say and look at you.

"It truly was, your gardener's work is amazing!" You compliment, the king smiled and turned back to your parents.

"So (Y/n)." Asta whispered once more. "When we leave, what's the first thing you want to do?" He asks.

"I'm not sure, just surprise me." You say and continue eating. You hate to say it but the chef who made this dinner is better than the one in Mereen.

"There's a bar I always go to. I believe you'll like it since it's filled with lively people." Asta said. You nodded your head and looked at his plate, noticing it was barely touched.

"Are you not hungry?" You ask him. He looks down and his plate and then right back at you.

"Well, the place I'm taking you has really good food so I don't want to fill myself up." He replied. You thought that was a good idea so you decided to slow down on eating.

"I'll do the same then. Is the city food better than your chefs food?" You asked him and Asta shook his head no.

"My chef's food is very good don't get me wrong but there's just something about city food. You'll know what I'm trying to say when we go." He says and takes a sip of his water.

You grabbed your spoon to eat a little bit of your mash potatoes. Asta's chef is just amazing. The food melted in your mouth and you couldn't help yourself from not eating the whole portion.

You then feel a touch of a napkin on your face. "You had some food on your cheek." Asta explained while gently cleaning up your face. He then placed the dirty napkin on the table.

From the corner of your eye, you saw the his mother glare at you. It wasn't very intimidating so you ignored it.

"Thank you, if my mother saw it then she would've lectured me." You informed him and he laughed a little.