Jasmine's eyes widen, "Bitch you talking to Rome's hoe ass", she gags. I laugh and go in the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

I wasn't surprised. Miracle has always been known to be a wild card. She'll entertain the most diabolical men on campus and then come crying about it later. I've come to the conclusion that she likes the thrill of it. "I mean sorta kinda. After the party he hit me up on Instagram and we've been texting", Miracle blushes.

"Well i'm not staying over all night. I have-"

"Class in the morning", she finishes the sentence. "I won't have you out past your bedtime"

     "Now I gotta find something to wear", Jasmine huffs, obvious finding out at the same time as me.

___________________________________________

8:00 pm

   "I'm serious, we not staying here all night", I lecture and Miracle nods, knocking on the door. You can hear music playing from inside, someone turning it down a little from the loud knocks. Rome opens the door, holding his arms out for a hug. They hug, Jasmine and I fake gag just to piss her off. Miracle slyly holds up the middle finger, causing us to laugh. "Wassup, Jasmine and Zania right?", he greets, holding out his hand for us to shake.

   "Yup", I respond as we walk inside. "There's drinks and stuff on the counter. We got some wings and stuff too", Rome leads us inside, revealing the other guys and girls that were standing around. I go to the kitchen, looking at the options for drinks. I scrunch up my face, seeing nothing but dark liquor.

I could barely think, feeling like the music is gradually getting louder. "What you frowning for now", I hear someone in my ear. I recognize Cameron's voice, feeling shiver down my sides as he touches me. "You don't have any tequila or nothing? Maybe I don't need anything it's the middle of the week. I need somewhere to sit, I have home-"

"C'mon", before I can object, he pulls me towards the back. We go through this door, going down two flights of stairs. The further we go, the less I can hear from upstairs. We eventually make it into a big space, I'm assuming it's the basement.

I giggle, seeing a big cut out board picture of him by the entrance. "Leave it to you", I shake my head.

"I look good huh?", he smiles and goes to the counter. He picks up a margarita mix, strawberry mango flavored. He holds it out to me. "Would this work your highness?"

"Yes", I smile and sit on the sofa. Taking out my laptop, "I've never seen someone bring homework to a party", he comments. He puts a few ice cubes inside and pours the drink inside.

"I gotta finish this conclusion and it's due tomorrow", I vent as he hands me the cup. I take a sip, feeling better already. As I get comfortable, I send a text to Jasmine to let her know what's going on. "For which class", he sits next to me, I feel him staring a whole in my face.

"English Literature", I reply, finishing up the last paragraph. I knew it wouldn't take me long. "Real shit though. Can I ask you something", I ask since the topic has been heavy on my mind.

"What's up?"

"So you really think that love is a choice? Like have you ever been in a relationship or just crushed on someone", I ask and he throws his head back.

Cameron laughs and I look at him. "Zania you still on this? It's been almost two weeks"

"But it's like how do you choose to love someone"

He shrugs, sitting back. "I'm not saying feelings don't play a apart in loving someone but it's a choice in sticking around. You choose to stay with someone knowing that they might be bad for you. The same way you can choose to leave them alone even if it's hard."