(2) Seduction

L A ' V O N T A E

 Three weeks later

Three weeks later...

      I lean back on the couch, my arms on either side. I look across the room seeing Kendra on the other side of the sofa. A frown on her face, her face deep inside her phone.

     I pause the show on the tv, just staring at her. "You just gone stare at me", she makes eye contact with me. Looking back down a second later to go back to texting on her phone. "What's the problem now?", I sigh, the attitude evident on her face.

     "Nothing", she rolls her eyes. I toss the remote on the coffee table and gather my stuff. I opted on going to the game room to escape the tension. As much as I pay to leave here I'm not being uncomfortable in my shit. "Oh!", she chuckles, "Now you leaving". She slaps her thigh in disbelief.

   "The fuck wrong with you?", Kendra taunts, getting up from the sofa. I ignore, stepping on the elevator. The door doesn't close fast enough cause she hops on, tugging on my t-shirt. She tilts her head, looking up at me with the casual mug on her face. I couldn't help but wonder where we went wrong. Sometimes I blamed myself because I know my career has made everything a little fast paced. I never thought we would end up here. "Kendra back the fuck up, yo", I remove myself from her and for a second a flash of sadness sets in before she replaces it with anger.

"So you're really aren't coming back to Kansas with me?", she ignores my wishes, tugging at my arm as we walk off the elevator. I pull out my phone, texting Lucas.

You still having that party tonight?

Lucas: Duh nigga! It's starting at 10

Lucas: I got some special guests coming too

   I furrow my eyebrows wondering what he could be referring to. "Are you seriously texting while I'm talking to you? This is the shit I be talking about, you have no respect for me but than wonder why I'm always coming for your neck", she points her fingers at my head, repeatedly tapping me on purpose to irritate me.

   "No i'm not finna be pretending to be happy so your family can be in my business", I respond back to the previous question, watching her face fall. Kendra's family and I have been at odds on and off for about a year now. That's mostly because she keeps trying to create this narrative like I'm the only reason this relationship has gone to shit.

     It's a moment of silence, I hear sniffles behind me. My face softens, seeing her on the verge of tears. "Kendra man, don't cry", I open my arms, bringing her in for a hug. "I really don't like arguing with you but damn you keep trynna escalate the situation"