Ch.21: Union (Nearly)

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of saving the planet." Began Prompto. "Do you guys think that maybe we should be worried this Sephiroth guy could maybe join the Empire?" "Not likely." Responded Barret. "September wants, what he believes, to be his birthright." "Control of the entire planet." Continued Nanaki. "Sephiroth seeks to become a god by destroying the planet." "What confuses me still, is the fact that you all fought against fate itself." Said Ignis. "To go against the will of the gods themselves... it's... hard to describe." "We couldn't even begin to describe it ourselves. We defied the fate the gods had set, who knows what they will do to repair what we have changed. Better yet, who knows what we even ended up changing."

Y/n used the rear view mirror to look back at Cloud who seemed lost in thought. "Gil for you thoughts?" Y/n asked. "Hm? Oh, just thinking." "What about?" Aerith asked. "Like you have to ask." "Sephiroth." Tifa said. "Yeah. I just can't seem to shake the thought that he's out there planning his next move. We came here to Lucis to seek help from Y/n's dad, but we couldn't. Now Sephiroth is free to do whatever it is he needs to do while we have more problems piled on." "I know, Cloud." Y/n began. "It sucks feeling helpless, but what can we do? We go back to Gaia to look for Sephiroth; Shinra is searching for us and they'll undoubtedly make it harder to find him. We leave Eos and the Empire is free to do whatever they want with it." "We're in a lose-lose situation." Said Tifa. "We try to solve one problem, then the other will become an even greater one." "Guys, we mustn't think like this." Aerith said with optimism in her tone. "We have a goal and we're working towards it. It won't happen over night and it sure as heck won't be easy, but we'll do it." "How can you be so sure?" Asked Tifa. Aerith put her hands together and closed her eyes as if saying a prayer. "Because I can feel it."

"We finally made it!" Prompto shouted in wonder as they pulled into Wiz Chocobo Post. "You kids have fun." Y/n teased as Prompto and Yuffie dashed towards the Chocobos. Tifa chuckled. "They sure do like them." Prompot and Yuffie walked up to a ranger. "Scuse me, we'd like to ride the Chocobos." The man, named Wiz, gave them a disheartened look. "The Chocobos, huh? I hate to break this to y'all, but we can't permit our birds to leave the post." Yuffie gasped. "Why not!?" "Deadeye's still about. He's an uncommonly ferocious Behemoth that's taken to prowlin' these part of late. His scent makes our birds nervous, and to prevent accidents and tragedies, we have no choice but to suspend rentals." "How about we take care of that Behemoth?" Barret suggested. "You reckon you could handle the likes of Deadeye?" "Couldn't hurt to atleast try." Nanaki responded. "Especially if it could hurt the Chocobos." Aerith added. "If you could bring the beast down, there'd be a reward in it for ya. But knowin' the danger, I wouldn't blame ya for sayin' no." "Don't worry, we'll take care of it." Assured Y/n.

Following Wiz's directions, the party made their way towards a rocky terrain not to far from the ranch. As they walked along the path, a loud snarling echoed nearby. "The hell?" Gladio said. "Look!" Prompto exclaimed as he pointed to a nearby pine tree that was knocked over. "How big are Behemoths?" Yuffie asked as they began to head towards where the tree had fallen. "They're names are an indicator of their size." Nanaki informed. Passing around a tree that was slashed, more trees further down the path got knocked over as a growl echoed once more. "What's with this fog?" Aerith said as a dense fog began to roll in, almost completely covering their view. .

The path ahead was blocked by a small passage which they had to crawl under. Y/n was going to step first, however a close snarl made Gladio stop him. "I'll lead." He said as he stepped into the passage with the others following behind. "Hold up!" Gladio yelled in a whisper as the Behemoth appeared above the passage.

 "Hold up!" Gladio yelled in a whisper as the Behemoth appeared above the passage