Ch.21: Union (Nearly)

Start bij het begin

The two parties were now driving passed the Imperial blockade, just having opened up the region of Duscae. Deciding to take a pit spot at a Coernix station, the parties began to discuss what to do next. Y/n's phone began to ring. "Hello?" "Um, Y/n?" The voice of a young girl had called. "Iris?" Gladio's ears perked at hearing his sister's name. "It's really you!" Iris exclaimed with glee. "So good to hear your voice! Everything's fine over here. We managed to make it to Lestallum. We just settled into our new digs. So, yeah. Let me know when you're coming so we can me meet up." "Yeah, will do." "You better!" Y/n hung up the phone. "Hmph, can't even call her own brother." Scoffed Gladio. "In all fairness, yours wasn't the obituary broadcast all over Lucis." Ignis responded. "What about me?" Asked Prompto. "She say anything about me?" "Nah, just said she wanted to meet up." "Whose Iris?" Asked Yuffie. "My little sister." Answered Gladio. "Guess we should for Lestallum if we want to see her." Ignis remarked.

Prompto looked at Yuffie who met his eyes. The two smiled and nodded before jumping before Y/n. "Did you see that sign back there?" Began Prompto excitedly. "Chocobos! CHOCOBOS!" "No time for that. Need to get to Lestallum." Gladio shut down. "Aww, pretty please?" Yuffie asked with a pout. "It's still ages away." Countered Prompto. "Come on, just a quick visit?" Y/n turned to the others. "What do you guys think?" Prompto and Yuffie looked at the others with beaming hope in their eyes. "I wouldn't mind seeing Chocobos." Tifa said. "Yeah, it'd be fun." Added Aerith. "Don't care otherwise." Cloud shrugged. "I don't really wanna, but it seems like I'll be outvoted." Barret voiced. "Don't really mind anyhow." Finished Nanaki. "It is ultimately your decision, Y/n." Poised Ignis. Y/n looked at Yuffie and Prompto who seemed like they were about to burst trying to contain their excitement. "Let's check it out." "YES!" The two cheered as they high fived.

After filling up their cars with gas and stocking up on camping supplies, Y/n began to lead the way down towards Wiz Chocobo Post with Ignis following behind. "Didn't have the heart to say no?" Tifa asked Y/n who chuckled. "No." "Don't you like Chocobos Cloud?" Aerith asked the blonde who shrugged. "Just don't care really." "But they look so much like you." Tifa joked, earning a laugh from Y/n and Aerith. "What do you mean?" Aerith began to ruffle Cloud's blonde hair. "Hey! Cut it out!" The girl laughed. "You totally have the same hair." Y/n looked at Cloud through his rear view mirror. The blonde had a pout, only making Y/n laugh more.

Within the other car, Yuffie hummed happily as they tagged behind the Regalia. "Say, Gladio, you said you have a sister, right?" Asked Yuffie as she turned to her left. "Yeah." He chuckled. "In fact you kinda remind me of her. Spunky little attitude." Yuffie gave a toothy smirk. "No offense man, but I don't think we need another kid with high energy around." Barret commented. Yuffie turned to her right and punched Barret's shoulder. Gladio laughed. "She must drive you guys crazy." "You have no idea." The two laughed, causing then girl cross her arms. "I'm not having fun anymore."

Prompto then took out a camera and began to mess with the settings. "Hoping to catch a good photo of the Chocobos?" Ignis asked. "You bet! Kinda sunny out today, so I gotta make sure the brightness is a bit lower." Nanaki leaned forward from the backseat rug, pearing his head in between the driver and passenger seats. "Are you a photographer?" "Totally! Little hobby I picked up in high school." "Believe it or not, but Prompto is a damn good photographer." Gladio admitted. "Really?" Nanaki asked. "I'm not one to brag." Prompto said, trying his hardest to hide his smug expression.

Ignis looked at his rear view mirror and noticed Barret looking down at a picture. "That your daughter?" Gladio asked as he looked over at the picture of a girl. "Marlene." Barrer nodded. "What I wouldn't give to hold her right now." "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't-" "No! Gods no! Nothing like that. She's just back in Midgar, waiting for her daddy to come back from saving the planet." "Hmph. Sounds like she's got a totally kick ass dad." Barret smiled. "Thanks."