School Tomorrow

"He's still in the warehouse." Dick said.

"He's probably just waiting us out." Tim sighed as he crouched down from his position on the roof.

Jason laughed shortly "Let him wait, we have all the time in the world to catch this sucker."

Tim lowered his pole and frowned. "No, no we don't. We have school tomorrow."

"Screw school, we have bigger fish to fry." Jason said.

"I have a test tomorrow and I don't need to be sleep deprived for it." Tim said.

Dick raised a surprised eyebrow at Tim and asked "You don't? You're telling me you could have been well rested this whole time and functioned just fine?"

Tim narrowed his eyes "I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or real."

"Because you're too sleep deprived." Dick said.

Tim rolled his eyes "Okay can we stop talking about me and just agree that we can't stay out all night tonight?"

Jason shrugged. "We don't have to if we catch him but we will if we don't."

"No, we won't." Tim said again.

"Will." Jason replied with a smirk.

"Won't"

"Will"

"Won't"

"Will"

"Won't"

"Won't"

"Will."

"Ha! You lose!" Jason exclaimed. "Suck it!"

Tim crossed his arms angrily but froze before looking around.  "Hey guys, we did bring Damian right?"

"I don't know, I don't check the batmobile trunk for bodies anymore." Jason said casually. "Besides, it's too full of Bruce's skeletons."

Dick looked around for Damian then sighed . "He's in the warehouse." He said.

Dick stepped to the edge of the building but Jason held up an arm.

"Wait"  Jason said.

"What? The guy could be armed!" Dick exclaimed.

"Whcih one? Damian or the criminal?" Tim asked.

"I know," Jason said. "Damian's been keeping me up at night with his nightly shrubbery battle with war cries. Maybe if we wait a second the scumbag criminal will fix my problem."

Dick scowled and pushed past Jason to jump off the roof.

Jason looked at Tim who shrugged. "I liked your idea. That's why I didn't jump off immediately."

Tim followed Dick and after a sigh Jason yeeted himself off as well.

~~~~

"Okay, we tell them that it was a quiet night and we just lost track of time because our phones were off." Dick said as he drove through the waterfall that led to the batcave.

"That's not believable. My phone is always on." Tim said.

"Well it wasn't tonight." Dick responded.

"Whoa, you wnat to lie?" Jason asked. "Didn't expect it from you, golden boy."

Dick frowned at Jason from the rear view mirror. "How do you think I kept the title golden boy this long?"

"I think the plan is satisfactory." Damian said.

Jason guffawed and looked at Damian. "Of course you would. You're the reason we're late!"

Damian glared at him "If I recall correctly you're the one who dove into the harbor when we were supposed to leave."

"Well I wasn't the one to run off and get myself into a hostage negotiation!" Jason snapped back.

"I'm gonna fail my test because of you brick heads." Tim grumbled.

"Brick heads? What are you? Five years old?" Jason asked.

"At least I don't act five years old." Tim retorted.

Dick looked up to the sky and said "Could you all please be quiet? No one has to know what any of us did tonight, okay? We're not gonna tell Bruce that Jason dove into the harbor to chase a bomb that had been disabled, we're not gonna say that Damian got kidnapped and held for ransom, and we're definitely not going to mention that Tim was almost thrown off a roof without a grappling hook. "

They all went silent for a moment before Jason said "But should we bring up that you got kicked in the di-"

"No!" Dick said firmly.

They pulled into the batcave quietly and to their surprise no one was there.

"Okay, we're all going to hit the showers and go to bed so we can be bright eyed and bushy tailed for school tomorrow." Dick said as he got out of the Batmobile.

"Tomorrow? You mean in two and a half hours?" Tim asked.

Dick's eyebrow twitched and he said "Great. Rest up guys."

"I'm gonna go study." Tim said as he walked away. "It's too late to sleep now."

"Speak for yourself." Jason said as he pulled off his helmet and headed for the elevator. "I'm getting food."

"Am I the only one who's going to go to sleep?" Dick asked.

Damian looked at Dick and scoffed before walking away.

Safe to say the next day Alfred was driving four zombies to school.

Dick had bags under his eyes but tried to stay active in the conversation, Jason was grumpy and short tempered, Tim was surprising normal, and Damian claimed to not be affected but he was also short tempered and took some pain pills for a head ache before they left.

At the end of the day when Alfred picked them up Dick was leaning against a wall, his eyes closed as he tried to fit in another power nap, Jason had another slip for detention after punching a boy on the football team and also being rude to teachers, and Damian was also set up for detention because Mr Tofflemire wanted an afternoon without Damian in his classroom.

No doubt Alfred knew how late they stayed up but he was letting the consequences roll out and punish them.

They all got into the car and Tim took shotgun because Jason was too distracted to catch him.

"And how was your day Master Tim?" Alfred asked.

"Great!" Tim exclaimed. "I passed my test with a hundred."

"Your brothers seem tired, do you not share in their fatigue?" Alfred asked.

Tim glanced back at his siblings who had their arms crossed and their heads leaned back with eyes closed.

Tim cracked a grin and sat back in his seat. "Oh Alfred, this isn't my first rodeo you know." The to himself he muttered "Ametuers."