Smriti nudged him again "Jayiye aur Mami ko manayiye."

Arun nodded and said "Hmm jao tum ready ho jao main use mana ke aata hoon" while getting up.

_________________________

After around 20-25 minutes Smriti came out of her room wearing a Tee tucked in her ankle length denim along with a Button up shirt and Snickers. 

She came out to the hall and propped herself on the couch and surfed through her phone .

She was indulged in her phone when she heard the footsteps . She looked up to see Rashmita coming slowly towards and sat beside her .

Smriti raised her eyebrows at her when she noticed her red cheeks. Rashmita hit her head slightly glaring her which was not enough to make anyone scared . 

Smriti shrugged her shoulder and winked at Rashmita. Within few minutes Arun too entered the living room . Then the trio started for their destination . 

After approx 40 minutes they reached the Restaurant . After getting off the car , Smriti looked around the surrounding . Posh area , twinklings lightings , wealthy peoples from different backgrounds . 

She always noticed whenever she comes to these types of restaurants that at least 50 % of peoples are fake . Those fake laughters still make her cringe. The three of them entered inside and the head waiter escorted them to their booked booth .  

From the moment they placed their order for the appetizer, to the delightful arrival of their main course and the sweet finale of dessert, their dining experience was nothing short of extraordinary. Their outing was filled with animated conversations, capturing countless pictures, and infectious laughter, making it a truly memorable affair.   

Post dinner , they all returned to their abode as it was late night and they didn't wanted to take chance of Rashmita . After returning from there, all three of them went to their bedrooms and after wishing each other good night. 

Smriti entered and locked her bedroom's door . She then proceeded to change her outfit and do her night care routine . Being a cricketer is not an easy job . All day standing under sun , training  accordingly with dust and pollution taking a toll on her skin . 

She pouted at two pimples which she got today . One near her eye and a smaller one nere her lips . 

After completing everything , she once for last time looked at herself in the mirror and smiled at her night suit.

She loved these type of night suits . 

She finally hit her bed and looked at the time . It was 15 to 12 . She sighed and reached out to her phone . She had not checked her phone since evening . And in evening , she had put a status of her with her player of the match trophy and another one of her with her team . It was a friendly match between two states which resulted in favour of their opponent . 

Of Course they lost the match yet they didn't loose their confidence. 

She tapped the call icon to see if someone called her but they were none.  She even tapped her WhatsApp but to her dissapointment there were message from her family but there wasn't any from the persons She desired .

She sighed at herself and her fate , turning off her phone and drifted off to her dreamland in an instant . Whole day's training , match and outing resulted her an early slumber. 

The next day with a new morning with the same old passion She got up after snoozing her alarm for 4th time . She washed her face and donned a yoga outfit . She spreaded her mat and started her yoga with Surya Namaskar followed by Shavasan and them Pranayam .

After few more asanas , she wore her sports jacket and sprinted downstairs where she knows her Mamu must be waiting .

She reached downstairs to see her Mamu and Mami romancing . Their househelps hasn't arrived till then that's why they were doing in a middle of living room .

She smiled and cleared her throat to let them know her presence.  As she got their attention , she said "Mamu atleast living room ke beech mein nahi please . Thankfully Lata aunty aur Surekha Aunty abhi tak nahi aye hai warna unhe free mein movie dekhne mil jata."

Lata and Surekha their househelp . There wasn't a need of any maid till they were just three.  But then there was another person entering soon and to give Rashmita rest , they have hired house help. 

Arun glared her for ruining his moment and said "Shut up young lady ."

Smriti smirked and shrugged saying "I am not wrong though. " . She wiggled her eyebrows at Rashmita and Rashmita being Rashmita,  she just looked away brushing. 

Arun higged his blushin wife of 12 years and ordered to Smriti "Get your ass out and meet me in my Gym."

Smriti mock saluted him while challenging "Ohkkk Boss. Let's see who reaches the Gym first."

And before he could say something , she again said "If I reach you will give me 10000 rupees"

Arun raused his brows and counter challenged "And if I won ?"

Smriti slowly walking in the direction of Gym said "Then what ? I am just a kid that too minor . Mujhse paise lene ki baat karte ho aap ? Tauba tauba."

Arun sensing her movement , ran behind her shouting "Ruk minor ki bachhi ." But not before kissing his wife and his baby .

Rashmita looked at the crazy duo and shook her head while caressing her bump. That was their usual scene . The duo , Arun and Smriti almost had an age difference of 24 years yet still they behave like friends and argue or fight on silly things. 

They duo worked out in their private Gym. Smriti always worked out to keep herself fit for her games even if she felt tired or not in mood .

As the previous day had their match , they had an off for cricket practice.  After Gym she returned to ger room, freshening up for the day .

Post breakfast after Arun left for Office , Smriti settled next to her aunt, her eyes fixed on the picture that her aunt was displaying.

Smrit, upon gazing at the picture, mustered a lackluster response. "Hmm , woh dulha kafi bada hai age mein ladki se"

How disappointing! The photo on her phone depicted a couple, but it was nothing remarkable. Just a teenage girl paired up with some middle-aged man.

Her aunt gave her a slice of apple while humming  , while gazing at the identical picture.

Smrit looked at her aunt and asked "Aise kaise shadi kar lete hai ? Awkward nahi lagta ?"

Her aunty caressed her hair and softly said "Beta , aise hi hota hai kayi families mein"

Smriti couldn't fathom how they could possibly unite a young teenager with someone significantly older than her.

She again pointed at the picture and said "Dekho na , woh ladki mujhse sirf ek ya do saal Badi hai phir bhi shadi huyi hai toh ek middle aged man se"

Rashmita hummed and turned off her phone before reminding her niece "You know right you have to go to your home ?"

Smriti's mood instantly turned sour at the mention of that.  She replied in detaste "That's not my home Mami . And I don't want to go"

Rashmita almost knew what's hoing in her niece's mind . She caressed her hair saying "But you have to . They are your family ."

Smriti looked at her and air quoted family saying "Yeah family ! A family who didn't even cared for me till now . And they want me to attend it so that they could show me as a trophy"

2 nd chapter

Published on  3 May 2024

Total Words : 1832

Any suggestion ?

Share it with your friends and watra readers please .

I know I have posted it but do vote for it as it is posted on a new page .