Burning in the Embers

Start from the beginning

Peruere: Arlecchino...

He clenched his fist and pounded his chest.

???; A very noble name. And yours, Child? 

Peruere: Peruere.... yours mister?

He remained silent for a moment, then spoke. 

Sougo: Sougo.. 

As they sat there, he watched her bury the spider in silence. Before long, a girl arrived holding a tray with 2 cakes. She was currently eating a bit of one. 

Clervie: I brought cake

She looked away, trying to avoid eye contact.

Clervie: You-you want some? 

Peruere nods. 

Peruere: Sure... Maybe mister So- 

She turned to find him gone. The girl put the second cake down and backed away.

Peruere: You must know spiders don't eat cake. 

She felt embarrassed by not knowing. 

Clervie: Oh! Yeah, I know! 

Over the course of the day, the two spent their time together, with her curse slowly fading away.

It was dark outside, the two were reading a book. Several hours later, Clervie was having her bandages changed. Her hand held high as if she's reaching for the sky.

Peruere: Do mothers usually argue with their daughters? 

She turned around and opened the window. Revealing the sky and the blanket of stars. 

Clervie: I heard in Snezhnaya, colored lights dance in the night sky. When we're grown up... 

She smiled at Peruere.

Clervie: Shall we go see it together? 

<Several days later> 

Peruere was in her room, reading when she felt a familiar presence. 

Sougo: How are you holding up? 

She looked over to find him, sitting at the edge of her bed. She returned to reading her book.

Peruere: Better... but why are you here? 

He looked at the door, his tone turning serious. 

Sougo: I only came to warn you... Child, years from now... you will experience great loss and pain...

She looked up from her book, only to find him gone. 

<Years later> 

Her eyes widened in shock as she looked down to find a sword being run, through Clervie.