IX.

Chapter nine
New ladies of the season and a bit
Of jealousy.

Lady whistledown:
Dearest readers it is I again Lady Whistledown the queen has decided to introduce to the ton her new ladies of the season. All from different family's. There was Lady Rosetta from the carribean empire. She was the ex Duchess of the cabton family but her duke had passed away so she came to London to find a suitor as requested by the queen. Now Rosetta had been a special one..she may have had perks for being in this season. As we found out Rosetta and the duke of Monroe ..are quite close..what is their relationship? And why is she back in town? I suppose we will find that out!

Next was lady Swan all the way from Egypt. We could not find much on lady swan it appears she is more mysterious and left me with questions about her. She wished to meet suitors from a different country and since she was from some sort of royalty she'd been invited by the queen but her identity is unknown by most.

Lastly, lady Esmeralda from Spain but with Egyptian descent. She is a worshiped lady back in Spain. Everyone seeks her attention but she seeks to be free somewhere else and London is where she chose surprisingly she may be here to find a match at the upcoming balls in which these three will be introduced by the queen..I wonder what romances could spark for these three ladies here in this town.

Stick around and find out.

- yours truly lady whistledown.

At this ball, the new ladies of the season had been introduced. So they could find their specific suitors as of great help from the queen.

Lady Rosetta had been feeling very nervous, but the Duke had been most welcoming to her. "Rosetta—you are..finally back to London.."

"Your grace—"  Rosetta bowed a bit and smiled.

"No need for formalities. Come
Now I've pissed you." The duke hugged her tightly. Rosetta embraced him as well.

Violet had also been there. She watched as the duke caressed this random woman whom she did not know, her husband to be in the arms of another woman. Her face became hot and she had been feeling heated after what she saw.

"Who is that woman?" Violet asked the maid she was quite close with like sisters. "Clarify this for me at once Serena!"

Serena (the maid) sighed. "Well..she is one of the dukes close friends Rosetta..she's from the carribean and now she is back in London..I suppose to find a suitor.."

Violets eyes widen. "You don't suppose that suitor could be..the duke by chance?"

"Well the two are certainly close who knows what could happen..he's known her for a long time, they've shared so many memories and...for friends are closer than that..so I would not be surprised if—"

"Serena—do not dare continue your sentence. You already know of my feelings for the duke yes? You already know the duke and I are set to marry and I am to become duchess..and even if this friend is close to him or not—we cannot have her overstepping her boundaries. She is to know that he will wed and he already has a love match and she shall find a suitor elsewhere you are to make that clear to her if you see any more of this lovey act...from her..with the duke.." Violet said angrily.

"Yes understood vi..." she quickly watched as her maid walked closer to them simply to keep an eye out.

"Who is this?" Rosetta asked looking over at the maid.

"What do you mean?" The duke asked Rosetta.

"She keeps staring at us—"  Rosetta said confused.

"Oh right—that is..Serena it is one..of..the maids for..a friend..I have that is currently staying with me at my manor. My father and her father went way back so we grew up together but long after she went back to her hometown and now she is finally back..she is also one of the women of the season here to find a match..Serena is the maid that takes care of her. Serena is there something that you want? Why are you staring at us like this?" The duke asked.

Serena bowed. "Just reminding you of your wedding that is to take place in a few weeks..you are to wed Violet...and it would not be..appropriate to be seen touching or holding another woman even if you are close friends..because you already have your love match..it would be very scandalous you know...lady Whistledown might write about it?" Serena tried not to be disrespectful and smiled softly.

"Erm..well it is not definite that I will marry Violet as you know..no promises were made yet I do not believe I have a love match I wanted to wait this process out because the season just started..I hope your lady knows that...do not go around spreading rumors like this it will tarnish my reputation and you are right I do not want lady Whistledown talking about me like this."

Serena had been shocked by his response. "Oh alright..my lady shall know of this.." Serena quickly walked away pondering on how she would tell her lady this news.