IV.

chapter four:
One step closer.

Warning‼️ :
(Mature chapter up ahead)

Lady whistledown:

Dearest readers, It is I lady whistledown here again to report you all the progress of the relationship with my friend violet and the duke. It seems they've joined hands even had a very big dance..now everyone knows who the duke sets his eyes upon. Stick around to find out what happens next..

- Yours truly lady whistledown.

After the dance violet nervously sat alone while thinking about her intimate moment with the duke while everyone had been watching them. She'd been in the dukes study by accident as she was panicking she did not realize she walked into the wrong room.

"Oh..my.." she looks up to realize the room she was in before she was about to leave she turns around to see the duke standing there right in front of her.. "ugh..your grace it's not what you think.."

The Duke is surprised to see Violet in his study, but can't help but notice how beautiful she looks after their intimate moment at the ball. He takes a step closer to her and says, "It seems as though I've caught you in the wrong place, my lady. But I can't help noticing how attractive you look in this private setting."

"Your grace..what are you saying?.." violet had been shocked by the words that escaped from the dukes mouth. I mean surely she felt as though she was dreaming and that none of this was real.

The Duke takes another step closer to Violet, his words full of romantic interest. "I simply mean to say that although you may have been in the wrong room, the intimacy of this setting suits you well. Your beauty glows in the moonlight, and I can't help but notice how much more attractive you look here than in the public setting of the ball."

She rolled her eyes at the duke. "How can you say such things like that right now? I am in no mood for your jokes.." she said crossing her arms looking a bit flustered at the duke as he got closer to her.

The Duke smiles as he notices how flustered Violet is. He continues to step closer to her as he says, "But I wasn't joking about your beauty. I mean every word I say. The more intimate setting of this room highlights your beauty even more, and the moonlight casts a romantic aura all around us."

"Yeah I've heard what you said..but your the duke..and it's just strange hearing you speak to me like this is all. I guess I didn't actually think the duke would be interested in me.." she said with a surprised look on her face.

The Duke laughs slightly, enjoying Violet's surprised reaction and her humble demeanor. "Is that so? You didn't think I would be interested in you? But why wouldn't I be interested in a beautiful and intelligent woman such as yourself?"

"Your grace..you are too kind..thank you." Violet told the duke as her face lit up bright red. You could feel the tension between these too..even the way they looked at each other while they were all alone in his room.

The Duke smiles as he sees Violet's response to his compliments. He can feel the tension between them as well, and his attraction to her only grows stronger with each exchanged glance. He steps even closer to her as he says, "It's not kindness, my dear, but simply the truth. Any man who would not recognize your beauty and intelligence would be a fool."