🛫》5 - Change《🛫

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Me and mama walk up to Jared who was just talking to someone. I think someone who is helping him. "Hey, I thought Riojas benched you." Jared says, "I was worried about you. Is that your delegate? What'd he say?" Mama asks Jared, "it's gonna be a walk in the park. Go home. Enjoy your day off." Jared says walking away from us, "how about we go see Aunt Lourdes?" I look at mama confused, "I thought you didn't like her?" I say to mama, "no that's not true." She says taking my hand and we walk out towards the car and I skip beside mama.

We get to Aunt Lourdes' house and we go and knock on the door and Aunt Lourdes opens it. "Surprise." Mama says smiling and laughing a bit, "wow, I'm so happy to see you. Come in." Aunt Lourdes says and hugs mama. I go and look around the house trying to get used to it here. "We were in the neighborhood, so..."

"I'm sorry the place is a mess." Aunt Lourdes says and I go back to mama's side as she looks at a photo of Jared and Aunt Lourdes' wedding. "You want a coffee? Vi we have some orange juice if you want some." Aunt Lourdes says and mama looks down at me, "no, I'm good thank you." Mama says and Aunt Lourdes looks at me, "no thank you." I say to Aunt Lourdes, "that looks like one of the ones my mom would crochet." Mama says pointing to a blanket, "yeah, she made it for me. I'm an idiot. You should have it." Aunt Lourdes says looking at the blanket. "No, no it's ok really. It's sweet of you to offer."

"I'm a double idiot." Aunt Lourdes says walking over to a box, "my photos." Mama says taking the box of photos, "when we cleaned out your place, I kept them. Along with something of yours Vi." Aunt Lourdes says and she goes to a cabinet and takes out my bunny. I smile and flap my hands and I take the bunny and hug him. "What do you say Violet?" Mama says looking at me, "thank you," I say smiling. "Anything for you both. I mean it." Aunt Lourdes says and mama puts the photos down on a table. "Actually that's why I'm here. I need your help. Jared is taking the fall for something I did--um a mistake I made. He thinks he's doing the right thing, but it could mess up his whole career. You gotta--you gotta tell him to stop." Mama says to Aunt Lourdes, "he didn't tell me."

"I'm sorry. We shouldn't have come. This was a mistake." Mama says picking up the box and taking my hand. "Don't go, please. It's not a mistake. You have a problem, you come to me. The Three Amigas, remember? And there's still three of us. You, me, and--Jared. All for one." Aunt Lourdes says, she forgot me but that is a mama and Aunties thing so I won't say anything about it. "So you'll convince him not to take the fall?" Mama asks

"No, absolutely not. You know he always does the right thing." Nobody can do the right thing every time. "Please, Lou. Help me save his job. Being a detective--that's his dream." Mama says to Aunt Lourdes, "I know." Aunt Lourdes says sighing a bit. "Ok fine. Me and Vi are going to get going. We'll see you around." Mama says and we walk out of the house and I get into the back of the car. I'm confused. I'm not sure if mama likes Aunt Lourdes or not. I look out the window as we are driving and mama stops at a pizza place to pick up pizza. It doesn't take long and she comes back with a pizza in hand and we start driving again. This time we stop in front of grandpas house and I get out and walk to the front porch. "Grandpa look what Aunt Lourdes saved for me!" I say holding out BunBuns for him to see, "that was so nice of her." Grandpa says and I nod a bit. Mom walks on the porch with the pizza and sits next to grandpa. I walk inside the house and I look around at it. I go upstairs to the room I would usually stay in if I was to sleepover at their house. It's different, but the one thing that is the same is my favorite blanket that grandma made. She said it was for me, but she said it was our little secret. I smell it and I know it won't smell like her anymore, but I still do. I take it off the bed and I go to the closet that's in the room. It's mostly empty and I close the door sitting in the dark closet in in the corner hugging my knees and bringing the blanket close to me. I'm not sad about grandma dying. I just...everything is so different and I don't like it. I start to cry quietly. I don't want mama to hear me. She has been sad and I don't want to make her more sad with me being sad. I can hear footsteps around the house. "Violet? Violet where are you?" I can hear mama yell around the house. I stay silent burying my face into the blanket. I hear the door to the room opening and then I hear the closet opening up and a feel an arm being put around my shoulders and I look up and see mama and I hide my face on her chest and she hugs me pulling her close to me. "I want things to go back to normal." I say my voice muffled, "I do too sweetheart." Mama says brushing my hair with her fingers. I whimper a bit and she rubs circles on my back. "Do you want some pizza sweetheart?" Mama asks and I shake my head no. I'm not hungry at all. "You haven't eaten all day love bug. You need to eat something." Mama says and I shake my head no not wanting to eat since I'm not hungry. "How about we go home and when you want to eat you can have some mashed potatoes?" Mama asks and I nod a bit. She stands up and I also stand up and I hold on to her hand and carry the blanket and BunBuns downstairs and out to the car and I get in my carseat buckling myself in and looking out the window as everything passes by. I want things to be back to where they were before the plane. We get back home and we go into the room and mom opens the box of photos  and leans against the backboard of the bed. I wrap the blanket around myself and I snuggle close to mama as we look at photos of me and mama and of everything else. My eyes start to droop as I get tired. "Food before you sleep sweetheart." Mama says getting up out of bed and I follow her downstairs into the kitchen and she takes some mashed potatoes out of the fridge and she heats them up for me. I rub my eyes sleepily and she puts the mashed potatoes in front of me leaning on the counter looking at me. I eat the mashed potatoes not because I want to because mama wants me to.

Once I finish I slowly walk upstairs with mama and I lay down in bed snuggling close to her. She brushes my hair with her fingers and I close my eyes almost immediately falling asleep.