93.(CH) our own party

Start from the beginning

This time it was different.

Just a few hours away of the task, they were distracted.

"I have a surprise for you later," he whispered in Harry's ear.

“What is it?”

His curiosity made Cedric giggle. “Our own private party.”

CLXIV

The music lifted the twins and Malcolm out of their seats at an unparalleled speed. Luna was the next to stand, as were Ron and Harry, to approach the dance floor as entertained spectators. 

Cedric remained at the table with the girls. 

Willow asked Tam to dance, and when Hermione and Cho were left, he interrupted them for a moment to ask to speak to one of them alone. 

He needed to free himself from the weight in his left pocket.

Hermione assured him that she would give it to that Harry.

Then he walked towards Harry and, without knowing how he managed to convince him, they danced to some songs with their friends.  

CLXV

Cedric grabbed a glass of juice from the table as Malcolm approached his side.

He offered him something to drink.

His best friend narrowed his eyes at him.

Would he have a juice mustache? 

“I feel like you're hesitating about something. Whatever it is, I think you should do it. Can I ask what it is?” he questioned very casually, pouring himself some tea. 

Malcolm looked at him again, with the cup in his hands, as Cedric replied, “Even I don't know.” 

CLXVI

Since they would not attend dinner, the farewell was extended with multiple hugs as if they were never going to see each other again. 

"Don't forget the bracelet," Malcolm murmured as he squeezed Cedric tightly. He moved away to look at his face and the sign behind him. “You didn't need to do this.”

“I know. I wanted to.”

He tapped his shoulder gently and gave way to Tam.

HARRY

CLX

He had never been hugged by so many people before.

Harry laughed when he saw Tam lift Cedric's weight and suddenly a tall Weasley grabbed him by the hips to hoist him over his shoulder and run back and forth. 

"Fred, put me down," Harry asked between laughs, which did not give him the seriousness he intended. “Help!”

That got Fred to place him on the ground away from the others. 

“By the way, I must thank you. You were right. About what you told me the other day," he explained, but Harry said a lot of things and didn't remember. “About my boyfriend and your boyfriend. I was a jealous idiot. Is…” he took a second to ask the question, “Ron like your George too?”

"No," Harry frowned, still catching his breath. “He's my Ron.” 

CLXI

“Be careful tomorrow during the task. Don't die out there.”

“Ron!” Hermione scolded him.

“What? It's a reasonable request.”