11.(HC) sweet seventeen

HARRY

XLIII

It would be a lie if he said he wasn't disappointed, which was silly because what kind of love story starts like that, with a kiss under such circumstances? Harry had never heard of a couple forming in the middle of a night —not that he knew of many, but it didn't sound like the ideal situation. 

Especially without any confession. 

He didn't blame Cedric for bringing it up, because Harry didn't know if he would have done the same. Or what would he say, considering he didn’t dare to openly express his feelings.

Harry couldn't help but wonder what had really happened.

Did Cedric kiss him? Why? If he misunderstood the situation, then… was it possible that Cedric fancied him somehow? 

Maybe he just wanted to experiment or something. 

What should you do when your probably straight friend kisses you one night and then you stay as friends? Fred might have an answer, if only Harry got up the nerve to even tell him. 

XLIV

Sirius had asked Harry to inform him of any events.

The Triwizard Tournament seemed to fall into that category. 

Ever since Harry had told him about that dream, in every conversation Sirius would ask if he’d had another. The answer was no. Harry could tell that Sirius was worried, but at the same time he didn't want to scare Harry more than necessary. As if there was an appropriate amount. Harry knew it didn't bode well. The reason his parents had died and he almost did too was never quite gone. 

He was just waiting for the moment of its return.

In the muggle or wizarding world, there would be no safe place.

Hogwarts was perhaps the closest thing to one.

XLV

The Triwizard Tournament drew the attention of all the students, in one way or another. Those who were minors would regret not being able to sign up, some would be happy because of their date of birth. Others admitted that they would never participate, even if they were old enough, like Neville. Hermione kept reminding Fred and George that deaths had occurred, in a vain attempt to discourage them from trying to trespass.

Despite what Ron had said, when his brothers offered to let him know if they found a way, he admitted he wasn't interested.

"Dumbledore can't be easy to get past," Hermione argued with them.

“We have nothing to lose.”

Harry thought that if anyone could do it, it would be these two. There wasn’t anyone more creative, rule-breaking and finders of flaws and loopholes than them. 

And boy did they dedicate themselves to that project. 

It was common to catch the twins trying to cross the dividing threshold almost as it was common to hear other students mention possible candidates, and Harry enjoyed the fact that his age didn't allow people to easily talk about him for once.

Cedric's name, however, didn't take long to come up.

He would certainly be an incredible champion, but…

Harry didn't quite like the idea.

Even so, he knew that he would support Cedric in the event that he decided to do so.