To everyone's surprise, a person lay in the vessel. They could make out long black hair and dark clothes. And a suspicious amount of red smears littered across the seemingly unconscious form.

"Are they dead?" Ussop whispered.

"Probably," Zoro shrugged.

Luffy stretched his arms out down the side of the ship until his hands grabbed around the person.

"Be careful. If they are not dead you might damage them more by doing exactly that." Sanji's warning came too late, as Luffy retracted his arms at high speed jolting the dead weight pretty badly.

"Ups, sorry, Sanji," Luffy laughed as the body dropped to the floor.

"Well, at least it was not a beautiful lady, so it probably wasn't that bad," Sanji shrugged. They now had a better view of the person, who they could also assess was still breathing. So at least they didn't find a corpse to the delight of Nami and Ussop.

The man was young, probably around their age. It spoke to Luffy's strength with how effortlessly he had been able to yank the tall and athletic body up. The red of multiple cuts stood out against the paleness of his face, which had nice cheekbones and a sharp jawline. Most of the blood looked like it had dried already, including the patches of it on the clothes. The garments could have been excellent; the fabric was rich in details and embroidery; and the drape was flowy. The multiple layers of the hanfu fit nicely and were pulled together by a leather belt. Yet, they looked like they had been dragged through the dirt and grime together with their owner. Rips and cuts told enough of a story.

"What happened to him?" Luffy asked.

"How are we supposed to know?" Nami asked back, hitting her captain on the back of his head hard enough to cause him to stumble forward.

"He could be dangerous, thou," she added.

"I'm with Nami! No normal person ends up like that," Ussop nodded vehemently, "He could have done horrible things! How do we know he won't attack us when he wakes up?"

Zoro scoffed: "I could take him down."

"He doesn't look like he would hurt us," Luffy mumbled, still rubbing the area Nami hit.

"Only one way to find out," Sanji spook up for the first time. He had been focused on studying the unconscious guy. He had a strange feeling about all of this, like something wicked would come from this.

With a sigh, he moved a few steps toward the body. He took a last drag from his cigarette before flinging it into the ocean. Stuffing both of his hands deep into the pockets of his suit pants, he looked down again. Why couldn't they have plugged out a gorgeous woman from the depths of the sea? Lady Luck truly wasn't on his side. (Even though the stranger could be described as handsome for a man - if you wanted to push it).

Sanji slightly kicked at his shoulder with the tip of his polished shoe. There was barely any force behind it, simply to check for any reaction.

His other leg was swiped out from under him with a painful kick against his ankle. A hand closed around his other leg, preventing him from regaining balance. With a yelp, he fell onto his back. Not having expected anything at all, he was caught completely off-guard. The stranger moved surprisingly fast for someone who had been unconscious not that long ago. He spun around. Sanji unexpectedly had a knee on his torso, pressing down on his ribcage with probably the full weight of a person. Breathing felt a lot harder. Something sharp and cold pressed against the side of his neck - it seemed to be more of a long hairpin than a dagger, but Sanji didn't have any illusion that it couldn't be a deadly weapon.