The brunette tried to count her beats over the sound of Katniss' panicking. She begged and pleaded with a god she didn't believe in for Peeta to be saved, because she actually liked him.

He was a kind boy, always thinking of others. Seraphina would hate for him to die this way. To die at all.

"Please, please, please," she begged between grunts, stopping her chest compressions momentarily to lean down and give him rescue breaths. "C'mon, Peeta."

Just as Seraphina began to grow weaker, a gasp emitted from the younger boy, his eyes slowly peeling open. The group all lets out sighs of relief. Seraphina leaned back to allow Katniss a moment with him, only to accidentally pump into Finnick who was behind her.

She gave him an apologetic look, too out of breath to form a sentence just yet, to which he placed a hand on her back as a sign of acceptance. They watched as Katniss fawned over her fiancé, laughing at some stupid joke he had made before leaning down to kiss him.

Mags, Finnick and Seraphina all watched the three intently. They watched the supposed fake couple and Finnick and Mags slowly came to the conclusion the girl from 8 figured out a while ago.

"You were dead, your heartbeat stopped..." Katniss' cries broke Seraphina's heart.

"It's okay, it's working now."

The Everdeen girl helped Peeta to his feet, pulling him into a long and loving embrace. Katniss Everdeen was not fooling anyone, she loved Peeta Mellark.

Finnick offered a hand to the brunette who was still crouched on the ground. She took it, her eyes not leaving the couple as she stood. Brushing her damp hair from her face, she felt a smile tugging her lips. She was partially relieved Peeta was alive and okay, but she was also smiling in a rather pleased way — she fucking knew it.

And now, so did Finnick and Mags.

While Seraphina could not pull her eyes away from the couple, the way they looked at each other, Finnick couldn't pull his eyes away from her. He couldn't help but feel envy to them, because they had it all.

Even if it was for the Capitol, even if they didn't want it, they still had it. Finnick wasn't allowed to look at Seraphina the way Peeta looked at Katniss. They couldn't hug, exchange longing glances — hell, he couldn't even talk to her for a long period of time without the Capitol suspecting something.

Pulling apart from their hug, Peeta turned to his two saviours. Finnick gave him a weak smile, leaning against a nearby tree as he regained his breath, trying to play it off as if he wasn't staring at the brunette next to him.

"Thank you," he breathed out, glancing between the two with a grateful look.

"Don't worry about it," Finnick managed out, patting the boy on the shoulder before turning to check up on Mags as Peeta faced Phina.

"I'm glad you're—" her breath hitched in place. As she felt two arms wrap around her shoulders. Seraphina stood in place, it taking her a moment before she realised that Peeta was hugging her, before she slowly wrapped her own around his back, patting it lightly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, just uh..." Peeta trailed off, holding her for just another moment before he pulled apart, giving her a friendly pat on the shoulder. "I'm glad you're my ally, is all."