32. Fuinjutsu

When Renjiro got back home, he decided to try on the weights he had purchased. Carefully donning the chainmail weights, he felt the intricate links settling around his arms, legs, and torso. The added weight was subtle but perceptible.

'The storekeeper just said to infuse my chakra to it and I can manipulate the weight. The Maximum weight should be around 800 kilograms (approximately 1100 pounds).'

Of course, there were heavier options, but Renjiro decided to start with one of the lighter versions first. If he ever outgrew this, then he would purchase the other heavier versions.

With a focused determination, he infused his chakra into the chainmail weights that covered his entire body. As his chakra intermingled with the intricate links, the weight began to shift. Renjiro could feel the added burden increasing.

'This should be bearable. It should be barely an eighth of the maximum weight. It is still crazy how I can manage to wear a hundred kilograms (220lbs) of weight without any issues. Back on earth, I could not even benchpress this much.'

Emboldened by the initial success of infusing chakra into the sealed weights, Renjiro's confidence swelled, and a tinge of conceit crept into his approach.

In a rash decision, he pushed the boundaries further, infusing more and more chakra until he reached the maximum weight the chainmail could bear.

A moment of triumph quickly turned into a sobering reality. As the weights reached their peak, the sudden surge of additional weight felt as though a mountain had descended upon Renjiro. The young shinobi now found himself buckling under the overwhelming force.

'Shit. I shouldn't have gone to the maximum weight instantly. Even cars need some seconds to go from zero to a hundred.'

Struggling against the newfound burden, Renjiro's body immediately fell to the ground in an uncomfortable posture. The chainmail, now felt like an anchor, threatening to drag him down.

Realizing the imprudence of his actions, Renjiro swiftly halted the influx of chakra into the chainmail weights. With a controlled exhale, he felt the immediate release of the overwhelming pressure that had burdened him just moments ago.

'That's better.'

Breathing a sigh of relief, he stood there, humbled by the weight of his own overconfidence which was quite ironic. The chainmail, now devoid of the excessive chakra, reverted to its initial state—still a challenge, but one that Renjiro could manage and grow with.

'Still, while watching the anime, especially that chunin preliminary between Gaara and Rock Lee and he revealed his weights, I always thought that the kanji was some sort of fuinjutsu. But I was wrong since these weights do not even use Fuinjutsu. Well apart from the third type which has a seal as its only component.'

'From what I gathered, they are made from some sort of metal alloy which helps in absorbing chakra to increase its weight. That means that to sustain them, I need to infuse my chakra periodically into them.'

'Isn't this a bit tiresome? There should be an effective way to streamline this. But how does it work since Fuinjutsu is mainly sealing? If it seals the chakra, how do you lighten the weights? You can't destroy the chakra as Chakra is Energy, and Energy cannot be destroyed. Or Am I missing something here?'

'Maybe there is a way to make better weights using Fuinjutsu. But it might not be present or only specialized clans have them. I know the Uchiha do not have them since they barely have any fuinjutsu Grandmasters. Even the storekeeper gets his stock from out of the village.'

'Although Hiruzen promised someone to guide me in Fuinjutsu, It won't hurt to start reading ahead.'

Reaching that Conclusion, Renjiro made his way to the library to research Fuinjutsu. He decided to go to the public library as opposed to the clan one because when he first arrived at the clan library, he had checked on the various types of knowledge the library had.

Despite the long history of the clan as well as their Dojutsu, they had limited knowledge about Fuinjutsu. With him now a fully-fledged genin, he had access to more information in the library.

He could now access a wider array of jutsus he previously couldn't. They were not a lot as Genins were still considered fodders in the grand schemes of the shinobi world.

Finding books about Fuinjutsu, Renjiro took a seat and started reading. It was in the evening, so the library was not that crowded.

'Hmm... is this book actually written by Jiraiya? I could have guessed that he was an expert in Fuinjutsu, but never would I think that he could write books like this.'

Starting from the beginning, Renjiro learnt that Fuinjutsu unfolded through the symbiotic relationship between symbols, patterns, and intention.

At its essence, Fuinjutsu represented the fusion of spiritual and physical energies, encapsulated in seals that range from the simple to the more complex ones.

The foundation of Fuinjutsu lied in the manipulation of chakra. Seals, the fundamental building blocks of this art, acted as conduits for channelling and containing chakra.

Whether inscribed on surfaces, woven into fabrics, or embedded within tools, these seals become vessels for the practitioner's intent.

Central to Fuinjutsu was the concept of containment and release. Seals served as gates, allowing the controlled flow of chakra to achieve the intended purposes.

The creation of a seal demanded precision and a deep understanding of the intended outcome. Practitioners mastered the art of inscribing symbols with flawless execution, each mark carrying the weight of the intended purpose.

The complexity of Fuinjutsu extended to the myriad types of seals, each tailored for distinct applications. Storage seals, for instance, permitted the containment of objects o in limited alternate dimensions, accessible only to those with the knowledge of the specific seal matrix.

Barrier seals erected metaphysical walls, made of chakra, to shield spaces or individuals from external forces.

Furthermore, Fuinjutsu involved the delicate balance of Yin and Yang chakra. Activating a seal required the channelling of the user's chakra into the designated symbol or matrix. The seal, would resonate with the practitioner's intent and respond by initiating the predetermined effect.

Mastery of this process demanded not only an acute understanding of chakra control but also an intuitive grasp of the seal matrix embedded in each seal.

'Learning it involves two steps. The first step is writing the required seal matrix. It involves using the correct symbols and the logic. The last step is infusing chakra into the seal matrix for it to perform its intended purpose.'

'This kinda reminds me of basic programming where the symbols are the programming language, the logic still remains the same and Chakra infusion is the code compilation. That makes it easier to understand.'

'Just as a coder infuses lines of code with a specific purpose, Fuinjutsu also embeds specific intent into each seal. Whether it's storing an object, creating a barrier, or manipulating energy, the focus on intent is a common similarity.'

'Moreover,-'

"Excuse me, The Library is closing." a mildly brisk voice broke Renjiro out of his reverie. It was then that Renjiro realized a young male shinobi talking. He looked around and noticed that he was the only one left in the library.

The realization that he had lost track of time dawned upon Renjiro as he noticed the darkness beyond the library's windows. It was time to leave. He gathered himself and made his way through the now dimly lit library. Upon stepping outside, Renjiro was greeted by the cool night air and the soft glow of street lamps lining the path home.

=====

Your Reviews and Comments about my work are welcomed
If you can, then please support me on Patreon.
Link - www.patreon.com/SideCharacter
You Can read more chapters ahead on Patreon