7. Academy

As the sun began its descent beyond the horizon, casting a warm, golden hue over the village hidden in the leaves, Miwa and Renjiro found themselves seated at a renowned restaurant in Konoha.

The restaurant was a cosy and inviting establishment, its entrance adorned with a wooden sign that proudly displayed the name "Kaiteki Grills" in bold characters.

The scent of simmering broth and sizzling ingredients wafted through the air, enveloping the vicinity in a tantalizing aroma.

The interior of Kaiteki grills was a delightful blend of traditional and modern design. Warm wooden beams crisscrossed the ceiling, giving the space a rustic charm.

Sturdy wooden tables and benches, aged with character, filled the dining area. Sunlight filtered through paper lanterns that cast a soft, ambient glow, creating an atmosphere of warmth and comfort.

As they sat at their table, Renjiro and Miwa were greeted by the restaurant's friendly staff which was a mother and son pair, known for their warm and welcoming service. The menu, filled with a variety of grilled food options, was presented with a flourish.

The room buzzed with activity, with other customers chatting and enjoying their meals. The sound of bubbling broth, clinking chopsticks, and cheerful laughter filled the air, creating a harmonious symphony of camaraderie and delight.

Miwa, while savouring her meal, turned her Sharingan-embellished gaze toward Renjiro. With a warm and encouraging smile, she asked,

"Renjiro, are you feeling ready for the Academy enrollment tomorrow?"

Renjiro considered her question, his thoughts mingling with the savoury flavours of the meal. He took a moment to swallow his food and replied,

"I've come a long way in these past seven months, thanks to your guidance and training. I feel prepared."

Miwa's smile widened, a mixture of pride and support in her eyes.

"That's the spirit, Renjiro. You've shown incredible dedication and growth during our training, and I have no doubt that you'll excel at the Academy. You should also know you won't be heading to the Academy alone. You'll have two other brothers from our clan joining you."

Renjiro raised an eyebrow, a mix of curiosity and surprise crossing his face. "Brothers? Who are they?"

'Damn, they sure take these clan relations too seriously.'

Renjiro mused. He was shocked when he realised that most clans in Konoha consider themselves one big happy family. Except for the Hyuga, for obvious reasons.

Miwa chuckled softly, taking a sip of her tea.

"You'll meet them tomorrow, just before we leave for the Academy. It's a Uchiha tradition to support and encourage one another."

Renjiro nodded in understanding but couldn't hide a trace of his own curiosity.

'I've been more of a shut-in since I came here and haven't really made an effort to know other Uchiha my age. Mainly because apart from Fugaku, there really isn't any Uchiha from this time that was mentioned in the story, hopefully, they'll impress me.'

=====

In the bustling courtyard of the Academy was a sea of eager children and their families. Academy Instructor Hiroshi Nagatomo stood in a room watching them.

He knew that today marked the beginning of an important journey for the young ninjas to be. To his side, his assistant, Emi, had been keeping track of the arrivals.

Hiroshi turned to Emi and inquired, "Emi, how many children have come for the Academy Enrollment this time?"

Emi consulted her clipboard, her eyes scanning the crowd, and replied, "It looks like we have a sizable group, Hiroshi. I've counted over fifteen hundred children so far, and there may still be a few more straggling in."