Chapter 5🌸

When  I woke up this morning, I saw a notification: it was a photo my mom sent me early in the morning

As I looked at her picture, she seemed surreal, like a fairy descended from heaven, capturing my attention effortlessly.
Mom's voice brought me back from my thoughts as she called out to her.

She  came over,  her face still adorned with tiny droplets from washing, some lingering near her ear.
Mom  instructed  me to give her my number, but she avoided meeting my gaze. Perhaps our conversation earlier had upset her, but I didn't want to give her false hope, even though she had agreed. Why then did I feel a pang of guilt?

"We  should move things along a bit faster if everyone agrees," I suggested.

Her  mom interjected, "We have a lot of arrangements to make; it will take some time."

Her  mother was usually reserved and didn't engage much in conversations.

"Don't  worry, we can all pitch in and get things done together," my mom reassured them, and they all nodded in agreement.

"It's  time to leave now," my dad announced.

Mom  bid farewell to her and her family, exchanging pleasantries with her mother, grandmother, and Massi. I headed to the car ahead of my mom."

We  arrived home, and they teased me a lot; it was evident they liked her a lot in such a short time span. We settled on the sofa.

Anika entered along with Abhishek.

"How's bhabhi? Tell me," she asked eagerly.

"Take a breath, Anika, and have a seat. I'll tell you everything about your bhabhi," I replied.

"Okay!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Her name is Vanya," Mom interjected.

"It's a cute name," Anika

She's even cuter than her name," Mom added, while narrating the whole picture.

"I missed it all," Anika sighed.

"Don't worry; you can talk to her. Adi has her number."

"Okay!" Anika exclaimed excitedly. "I also want to talk to my bhabhi."

"Okay! Firstly, we all have to freshen up, and then we can discuss the engagement," Mom said.

I excused myself and headed to my room."

When I entered the hall, everyone was already present.
Chachu said, 'Come fast, Adi, we're discussing your engagement, not mine,' he teased.
I sat beside Rohan. 'Adi has also arrived now, when will you show Vanya's photo?' Chachi asked. Mom displayed her picture to everyone.