t h i r t y f i v e. home

Start from the beginning

"Jugnu, apni maa ko samjha."

"Nahi," Jugnu stood up, hands crossed across her chest. "She is right, why did you not take care of yourself! What is something happened to you?" 

"Exactly." Pranati took the lead, a sigh of disproval making Jaana to lower her gaze. "What were you thinking, Devi-ji, explain yourself?" 

Jaana looked at the newest member who stood aside, witnessing all of it unfold. She pointed at the man, "who is that?" 

Reyansh straightened up at once and Jugnu pointed at the man with a smile. "That is my Sherkhan, Jaana." She called Reyansh inside and he obeyed, petrified at the way the sick lady was glaring at him. 

"Is that who I think it is?" Jaana asked Pranati who simply nodded, gaze lowered. "So you are Jugnu's father?"  

Reyansh nodded, head lowered and fear stricken. "yes... yes ma'am..." 

"Why are you here?" 

Even though Jaana was sick and could do with some rest, she decided it best to question the man who stood in front of her. To see the man who caused Pranati immense pain suddenly gave her enough strength to be angry and upset. 

"I came to drop Pranati and Jugnu." 

"What gives you the right?"

"Jaana-" Pranati tried but Jaana raised her palm to stop the girl, watching Reyansh lower his gaze all the more. 

"I-" Reyansh was dumbfounded, what was he to reply? "I have none. I only wanted to drop the girls back safely." 

Jugnu pouted, "Jaana, why are you being so harsh with my SK. Leave him be, he does not feel well either." She stood in front of her father, defending him and meeting Jaana's fierce gaze. "He has been such a nice person to us."

"Nice person does not run away from his responsibilities."

"Jaana, please." Pranati was quick to stop this from going out of hand, especially in front of Jugnu. "Reyansh only came to drop us. And right now you need to rest, so we can continue this later." 

Jaana could really use some rest to slap the man who stood in front of her. Pranati was right, she needed to rest and maybe then she could confront the coward who let her two girls suffer beyond repair. 

"Fine, but you." Jaana pointed at Reyansh who dared to look up, scared and worried. "You won't leave until I speak with you."

Reyansh nodded, "yes ma'am..."

"But Jaana, Reyansh yaha kaise?"

However, Pranati was ignored when Jaana lay down and shut her eyes in  a way to conclude the conversation. Jugnu sighed, shaking her head as she turned to face Reyansh. 

"Oh man, SK, you might as well be a dead person now." Jugnu's words only scared Reyansh who gulped, looking down at the girl. "I have never seen Jaana so angry."

"Jugnu, stop being extra." Pranati ushered the girl away from Reyansh, "go bring your bag and freshen up." 

"Can I go visit Gattu? Jaana is asleep and I have so much to tell him!"

"Surely," Pranati smiled, wiping her face with her thumb. "Ask him if he wants to join us for dinner..."

"YES!" Jugnu ran out immediately before Pranati or Reyansh could stop her.

"ye ladki," Pranati sighed, taking the bags inside, "you should freshen up, it is going to be a long night." 

Reyansh looked over at the lady who looked like she was asleep, doused with medications. "Is it safe to say that I am very scared right now?"