CHAPITRE 19 - "You are the Queen."

Start from the beginning

               While I greet Ros, Littlefinger takes care of finding something to occupy my guards. When I am finally free, we go up to his office. A clear vision of my mother, bandaged hands, reaches me. It was almost a year ago. She had avoided my gaze. I wonder what she thinks now. Does she regret letting us come here? Does she have a single thought for me?

"You got there" says Petyr's voice right behind me.

               I can still feel the touch of his hand on my wrist. What about him? Does he ever think of me?

"I always get my way" I just answer by sitting on one of the big couches.

"You and I know you shouldn't be here."

"It is true. Joffrey would certainly lock me up if he knew me alone here with you."

               Petyr delicately puts his hand on my cheek, forcing me to look at him. Don't think I didn't try to resist. Every day, when I saw him walking the corridors of the Red Keep, I bit my lip to repress my desire to speak to him, to touch him, to love him.

""I risk my head" he whispers as if this were a secret.

"I risk more than my head."

             Joffrey wouldn't kill me, he's too sadistic to give me a dignified death. Instead, he would watch me suffer. At least my torture will taste like my lover's lips.

"Petyr..."

"Hush..."

               With a simple gesture, Littlefinger draws me against him. One of his hands sits in the pit of my kidneys while the other slowly slips out of my hair. I feel his breath against my cheek, and my own breath racing.

               I shouldn't be here. I should be in bed with my husband. I should make sure of the succession of the Baratheon house and raise these children with all the love of a mother. I should want this life like Sansa does.

               Unfortunately, Petyr's sweet lips persuade me otherwise.

♐︎

               Ros suddenly enters the room. Her eyes are bulging, and she has trouble breathing. She is so shocked by what she has seen that she does not even realize the position I am in.

"Ros?" I call while taking off from Baelish. "What's going on?"

"It's...Her...Her baby... He..."

"Whose baby?" 

"Megane's..." she articulates.

"Who?" asks Baelish.

"They got him... They killed him..."

               Surprise, I get closer to my friend and put my hand on her back.

"Megane's son was killed?"

"R... Right now" she answers with her eyes in the air.

"By whom? Who killed him?"

"The commander of..."

"Slynt? Slynt murdered her baby?"

               The redhead starts to shake her head quickly before breaking into tears in my arms.

"On his own or was it an order? Ros, who ordered him?"

               Too busy crying, Ros just shrugs his shoulders. I then accompany her to the chair to help her calm down.

"Do you know Megane well? Whose baby, was she?"

"From the... From the king..." she said once her breath had returned. From King Robert.

               Needless to say, I understood. The only thing that excites Joffrey is to see someone being tortured.

               Without further ado I run down the steps that lead to the big salons of the brothel to find Bronn. He must have been alerted by the noise because he has not yet closed his pants but is all the same ready to attack. In the same quick gesture, I bend down towards him, grab the dagger hidden in his boot and get up.

"We're leaving" I announce. "We go back to the castle. I have some accounts to settle."

"Now?"

"A child has just been murdered in front of his mother under the pretext that his father was a first-rate bastard constantly too drunk to fuck his own wife. So yes, Bronn, now!"

"After you, Majesty."

               No sooner have I stepped outside than I hear Petyr's voice calling me.

"You can't leave alone, it's dark outside."

"I'm not alone. And it's not like I'm risking anything."

"You are the queen."

"Exactly. It's time the people of this kingdom understood that I am the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, and I will not let anyone commit this kind of infamy in my capital."