Where the story begins

The round-doe eyes of the ten-year-old little boy followed his cousins, who were playing around in the large yard. He knew the reason why he was sitting alone and the reason why his cousins didn’t want him to join them in playing. If only his parents were alive now, they would make them play together.

He felt a shadow above him suddenly. He looked up and saw a little, pretty boy smiling at him. He showed him his bunny smile in return. It was also one of his cousins, Park Jimin. He saw him only a few times, as Jimin's family only came a few times a year for any business meeting or family gathering.

“Why didn’t you play with them, Hyung?" Little Jimin asked as he took a seat beside Jungkook and scooted closer to him.

“I think they don’t like me.” Jungkook said, looking at Jimin.

“Why aren't you playing with them?” Jungkook asked.

Jimin looked around for a minute before he spoke.

“I think they also don’t like me either; will you play with me?” He asked, showing his adorable puppy eyes.

When Jungkook nodded, Jimin squealed in joy.

“Let's play the run-and-catch game.” Jimin suggested.

“No, you will get hurt if you run. We can play other games.”

“But I want that game.” Jimin whined.

"No, I am not going to chase you."

“You will, after this.”

Jimin quickly stood up, gave a hit behind Jungkook's head, and ran away.

“Ouch yaaahhhh…” Jungkook quickly stood up and began to chase Jimin.

Jimin ran around, giggling in excitement as he saw Jungkook behind him.

“You can't catch me.”

Jimin screamed, showing his excitement, but soon Jungkook caught him. Jimin luaghed and panted. Jungkook also joined. Jimin began to laugh more in joy. Jungkook laughed until he noticed Jimin struggle to breathe.

“Jimin” Jungkook panicked.

Jimin began to find it difficult to breathe,and soon he collapsed in front of Jungkook.

“Jimin” Jungkook called out in shock.

“Hyung…..hyung.”

Jungkook jumped up from his sleep when he heard a loud call. He then looked around and found JK on the side. Then he only realized that he had a dream. They were on the way back to JK's home town in a Jipsy, which JK’s boss rendered for the travel.

“I am sorry; I just had a dream. I don’t know when I fall asleep in between.”

"Oh, it must be good hyung, since it helps you gain your memories back. Do you recognize anyone in the dream?”

Jungkook shook his head slowly.

“It's ok, Hyung; I think it took some time.”

Jungkook nodded his head.

“Oh, and do you mind if I call you Hyung?”

“No.”

JK smiled before opening the door for Jungkook.

“You can come out. I have ordered something for us to eat since it will be a long trip.”

Jungkook was hesitant a little before he got out of the car. They were silent when they ate the food. There are so many thoughts and questions in Jungkook’s mind. He has been wondering about many things. But he kept his urge to ask them quiet and continued to eat. JK was the one who finished first. He stood up, took his wallet from his pocket, and placed it over the table.

"Hyung, pay for us with my money. I'm going to use the washroom.”
“But-“

“It's ok, Hyung; I trust you." JK said this before he walked toward the washroom.

*

As their travel continues, JK doesn’t like the silence that has settled between them. Even though he is the one who starts a conversation every time, he does not like to keep silent. But before he spoke, there was an unexpected question from Jungkook.

“How long has it been since you last went back to your home?”

“6 months.”

JK said and he expected Jungkook to continue his questions, but Jungkook fell silent afterwards.

“I know you want to ask more; I don’t mind.” JK informed.

“Why are you working far from your house? And you look young and educated; why did you choose this work?”

“Do you mind if I tell you about my story? Because it’s a long one, but I will try to brief it.”

Jungkook nodded in response.

“My life was typical until I met Jin, the love of my life. It was love at first sight. Not just me. Everyone in the college will fall for him at their first meeting. He is the most handsome person in our college.

I used to meet and encounter him due to his brother, Teahyung. Teahyung was my best friend. Jin was a little brat, but apart from his bratty behavior, he is an adorable human being. The day he accepted my confession was the happiest day of my life.

Our lives were going happily until his appa came. His appa was the CEO of one of the biggest companies in Seoul. He learned about relationships and started to strongly show his disapproval. But Jin stood for our love. I have already been going to part-time jobs to pay back the debts that I took out for the treatment of my deceased mom. And his dad began to interfere in my jobs and threatened my boss with firing me.