FIVE

Gray

Oph:So it worked?
  Me:This always works
         What about you?
  Oph:It went well
  Me:See u at 11 a.m.

  At 1 p.m. we are in the back of Ava's house.I forced open the kitchen window, and we went in. Ava's room is upstairs. The curtains are drawn all over the house. We are on the stairs.I  stepped on a narrow staircase, and a creak is heard

  “Sorry.”Ophelia entered Ava's room and took a picture in case we disturbed something to put it in the same position.

  "I'm going to look in the closet,"I whispered.

  “If she has secrets, she won't keep them in the closet,”Ophelia replied.

  “And where should we look?”I asked

  “On the floor and search in drawers for fake bottoms.”

  “Copy captain.”I went to the drawers and found a fake bottom.”Ophelia you need to see this.”She turned around and came next to me.In the drawers she hide tons of money and a phone without a case.Under the money were 5 letters with different names on.One had my name on it.I opened it and read it out loud.

  Don't let her resolve this.

  “Is she talking about me?”Ophelia asked.

  “I think so,but how did she know that you're going to resolve her case?”

  “Maybe she was talking about my mother,”
On Ophelia’s letter was an address.

Church Street,47 9pm 17 april.

  “That means next week.”

  “What if she's alive and she gets killed on 17 april?”She started to freak out.”We need to go there on 17 april.”We opened all letters, and Leia's letter was written

Ask Leia what she has done.

On her mother's was

Don't cry.        

And on Pippa's letter was nothing written on.Or maybe was.
  “It can be invisible ink.”She says.And lights my lighter and puts it under paper.Writing appears slowly.

  I always hated you and your daughter.I hope this case kills you and your daughter.

  I stared in shock at the paper.

  “What?...”Her jaw dropped.”I saw something under the closet.”We went at the closet, and  I lifted the plank from under the closet.I reached in and found another phone, this one was an old one.We took the letters and the phones and got out of the house.We put all the things back and took the bus.I knew that Ophelia wasn't okay but I tried to ask her:

  “Are you feeling good?”

  “Yeah,Yeah I'm okay..”She wasn't okay.”It's just the thing that I always saw her like my sister.But now…”

  “Hey it's okay,you can talk to me,”I hugged her.Which surprised me and her.She hugged me back.

  “I have so many questions right now about the letters and everything.”

  We arrived home and put the letters on her desk and the phones.She scanned the letters and put it in her document.She didn't feel right after reading the letters.I reread Leia's letter and I found something

  “I hope she doesn't talk about my cousin.”I turned to Ophelia.

  “She's the only Leia in the whole town,”When I heard my head start spinning and I felt ill.”Are you okay?”She cuts in, and I'm back to normal.I nodded.

  “We need to ask Leia tomorrow.”

  “You sure she's your cousin..”I nodded.”Tomorrow we need to go to school.”

  “Maybe we'll find her and ask her if she wants to talk with us.”I suggested “and don't forget to record the conversation.”

  “I won't" and she smiled,”I know she like black tea with milk and three spoons of sugar.She loves to watch the sunshine.She has a necklace with stars that I gave it to her on her 14th birthday.I can't believe she's still wearing it.Maybe I don't hate her olive skin,90's haircut,green eyes and her dimples.But she broke my heart and it kills me everyday.We could have been the most happy couple.I could have listen to all of her overthinking and how her day went.I could have watched the stars with her on the ground.I could have take her to a planetarium.I could have loved her.The feelings for her never died.They're just hidden.