Chapter 15 - The lake

Start from the beginning

"You should rest too. But it seems to me that's not what you're doing!" He raises his eyebrows in defiance as a dimple appears in his cheeks, along with a hint of a smile.

I close my eyes smiling. That's actually exactly what I'm doing.
I'm relaxing, somehow.
"The rain relaxes me" I look back outside sighing.
I feel his eyes on me and my mind wanders back to the memory of a few hours ago. His kisses, his caresses on my hips, the tears of happiness he wiped from my face, the songs he chose thinking of me.

It was seriously the best date I've ever had.

"Would you like me to keep you company?" His is almost a whisper but I understand every word very well.
I nod and sit better on the armchair in front of my bed.
He sits in the chair next to me, facing the window.

We stay like this for I don't know how long.
I only know that when I reopen my eyes, the first thing I see is his figure, curled up in the armchair while he sleeps blissfully.
I move slowly to avoid making noise and to stretch my muscles.
The sun is illuminating the city with a very weak light while the clouds still reign supreme.
The rain seems to have lessened and fresh, humid air comes in through the window.
We fell asleep like this, close but not too close. At a right safe distance.
On the other hand, he had even proposed sleeping together a few nights ago. I don't know what went through his head, but it seemed like a crazy idea to me.
I would have liked it, for sure. But it remained a crazy idea and I was quick to decline the invitation.
Two work colleagues don't sleep together!
Of course, after tonight and especially after those kisses we gave each other, the attraction between us is undeniable. We are colleagues but perhaps we are something more?
I do not know. I have no idea.

I stand up slowly, continuing to relax my muscles as much as possible. I slept crookedly in this chair and now I'm suffering the consequences. The good thing though is that I was finally able to sleep. I probably haven't slept this soundly in a while! I feel sore, but rested at the same time.

The time on the alarm clock next to the bed reads 7.25.
We don't have much time before we meet Anna and Jenny for the second day of rehearsals. Not if I want to get settled and take a shower first.
I consider whether to wake Hero up or let him sleep a little longer.
He sleeps soundly and, although the position he is in doesn't seem very comfortable to me, he is truly relaxed.
I'll wake him up later, just enough time to take a shower!
Trying not to make any noise, I lock myself in the bathroom and enjoy a beautiful cool shower. The muscles relax and I feel much more in control of myself.

When I come out of the bathroom, wrapped in the very soft hotel bathrobe, I am greeted by beautiful green eyes that scrutinize me attentively.
I stop instantly, not expecting to find him already awake.
Hero is still sitting by the window.
He stretches and sighs as he gets up from the chair.
“Hey,” his voice is hoarse and he clears it soon after as he runs a hand through his hair.
I look at him and think I'm definitely lost contemplating the fact that he's here, in my room, in a t-shirt and shorts.

I bite my lip before answering him.
"Hey" I can't think of anything else to say, honestly.
His gaze wanders over my body, covered by the bathrobe. I feel his eyes on me and he sighs when he looks back at me again.

"I should..." He touches his hair again "Did you sleep well?"

“Oddly enough, yes!” I smile at him and he immediately smiles reflexively.
"You?"

“A little sore, but strangely I slept well too!” He comes closer to me and I feel the need to get closer to him.
However, I force myself to stay where I am.
What's more, I'm naked under this light layer of toweling and that's not a detail to overlook!