𝐓𝐖𝐎- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄

Change is something people either hate or love.   For Victoria Leblanc, change was something she had mixed feelings about.  Her life first changed when her father left, then again once she reached middle school once she started getting bullied, and lost her friends, when her ice hockey team captain left, when her favorite teacher died, and most recently, when her mom died. But then again, change could sometimes be a good thing, when her sister was born, when she she made new friends in school, when she went to prom, when she had her first kiss, when she became the alternate captain in her hockey team, and now, when she was waiting for her plane to Monaco to land. 

She was flying business class with her sister. Of course, Charles had offered to buy them tickets, but Vic refused. She didn't want him to pay for something she could easily afford, not only because of her most recent inheritance, but also because she earned a lot from hockey.

Victoria had been to Monaco plenty of times before with her sister, for Longines Show Jumping competitions. Vic liked Monaco, it was a beautiful country. She had, in fact, been planning to buy a vacation home or an apartment there for a few months now, but she was still looking around. If she got close with her family there, that would yet another reason to find a spot there.

Victoria fastened her seatbelt, as the flight attend had told all passengers to buckle their seatbelts for the landing. 

She saw that Charlotte was still sleeping, so she shook her awake. "Charlie, you gotta wake up, we're landing. C'mon put your seatbelt on." She told her.

"Nooooo. " Charlotte protested but for some reason, complied anyway.

"Well excuse me for not wanting you to die or something." Victoria joked.

Once the two had exited the airport, and had rented a car, Vic stopped the car on the side of the road to take a quick picture of a sign for her Instagram story.

"Did you really have to stop the car for a picture?" Charlotte asked.

"Yes, I did." She replied, converging back onto the road again, heading in the direction of a hotel they had stayed at plenty of times.

"So, Charlie. I think you're old enough to stay at your own hotel room now. So, you'll be staying in the room next to mine." 

"Really? Yes! Oh my god, finally. I can't wait to finally be alone." 

"Yeah, whatever. Just answer my texts, and calls. Don't go anywhere without asking me first. And don't use your speakers, you packed your headphones. The whole hotel doesn't need to hear your entire 50 hour Spotify playlist, Char."

"Eww, I don't need need your boring rules." Charlotte replied, rolling her eyes.

"Charlotte." 

"Victoria."

"Charlotte!"

"Fine, fine." She replied, sighing.

"Please, I'm really stressed, I have to do so much more for you now that-" Victoria quickly inhaled,  lowering her voice, even though it was just the to of them in the car, "Now that Mama's gone. It's really hard on me, I'm stressed. Please don't make it harder than it already is for me by being difficult."