Part II

The next few weeks are spent with Y/N and Namjoon hanging out often, they have strangely become very comfortable in each other's company. They have started to enjoy each other's company and often discuss their shared love for art, exhibitions and travelling. They spend some, if not all evenings, talking and drinking. They sometimes cycle to Han river, go out for food and read books together. Namjoon never thought the annoying neighbour could actually become one of his confidantes while Y/N didn't expect him to be someone she could rely on. 

But Namjoon often wonders. What are the secrets Y/N is hiding?

Why doesn't she let anyone enter her apartment? 

Why is she always going away to pick up calls?

Why does she seem to be overly cautious of her surroundings all the time?

One evening

Namjoon's apartment bell rings, he lets Y/N in "Hey Y/N, come in."

Y/N walks in with food in her hand, but her eyes are lost in her thoughts. She is blushing and smiling from ear to ear.

"Thanks. How was your day, wait, why-why is your face so red?" asks Namjoon as he takes the food Y/N brought for them.

Y/N can still hear her heart beat from what happened earlier. She hasn't felt so flustered in years.

Y/N: "Ummm soooo. I met this cute guy today."

Namjoon halts in his tracks. Namjoon has repeatedly asked Y/N about her love life but she often told him she doesn't not want to date. He has never heard her speak about any guy until now.

Namjoon: "Okaaaay? Go on?"

Y/N: "So, I was running late in the evening. I was walking really fast in the rain and slipped, almost falling. But before I hit the ground, I felt a hand on my back. I looked up, and this beautiful specimen of a man was holding an umbrella over us while his hand held me from my back. H-he saved me from falling."

Y/N: "So, then he asked me if I was okay. He helped me stand up. He tried to talk to me but someone came and said they had to leave. But he gave me his umbrella and said and I quote 'I hope you see you around'."

Y/N says without realising she is smiling "He...He was so handsome and cute. His eyes were beautiful"

Namjoon is taken aback by the fact that Y/N did not mention how she doesn't like being touched, "So, did you get a name or a number?"

Y/N stops smiling and looks away, "No Namjoona, I just....I don't want that. He was just really kind. He seemed like a good person. He gave a good vibe. Would have liked to talk to him a bit maybe. But, maybe another life right?." She says as she is holding the umbrella the man gave her close to her chest.

Those eyes, I can't get those eyes off of my mind.

Namjoon: "When was the last time you dated?"

Y/N: "What?Oh, It's...It's been years.", surprised by his question.

Namjoon: "May I ask what happened?"

Y/N: "It...it just ended really badly. He really wasn't a good man." Y/N flinches her eyes, trying to stop the flashbacks.

Namjoon: "Did he...did he ever hurt you?"

Y/N: "Aren't we all a little broken?" Y/N says with a sad smile and quickly looks away.

Namjoon: "I am sorry. How do you feel about meeting the members tomorrow? Since we have become best friends, they are very keen to meet you."