𝖭𝗂𝗇𝖾

I wake up and sit straight up. God I hope I was dreaming. Did I really kiss Cato last night! Did I really just leave him! I don't know how I feel about him. Why did I care so much anyways? Shouldn't I be more concerned with the games that are starting soon? Siri comes knocking on the door yelling.

"Game day, be up in 10!"

I roll my eyes and stumble out of bed. I was supposed to arrive in one training gear, so I put on the ones I wore all week and walked out the door. There was a nutritious breakfast on the table. Meats and vegetables, protein galore. Brutus and Eno were sitting down eating, no sign of Cato yet. I quickly sit down and gulf down some eggs and sausages and gather my dishes and leave. They don't ask me any questions.

As I walk towards the elevator I see Cato come out of his room. Good I've avoided him this morning. I head downstairs into the training room, it was still opened for a few minutes before the games. Besides, I had to meet Fabby and Eno to discuss at 9, I had a good half an hour to throw some knives.

I walked directly over to the station and fired up some training dummies. That's when I grabbed the knives and threw them at it. With all my power. I grunt as I throw one with all my strength, it hits it clean in the middle, straight out.

Clapping arises and I quickly turn around. If it was Cato I was done for, I couldn't even think of the words I would try to say if it was. Luckily it was Marvel. He walked over to me.

"Had to get in that 30 minutes too huh?"

"Can't waste them." I say, turning back around.

"How long have you been throwing knives?" He asks.

"Since 5th grade. My mother showed me it was she was still sober. She wanted me to join the academy and become just like my father."

"Wow, some tragic backstory to follow that I'm assuming?"

"Not for you to know." I say, throwing another knife. It punctures the dummy in the head.

"Well I got no tragic backstory, I just think these games are cool and I wanted to be apart of them."

"So at 1 the academy is optional?" I ask.

"At 1 there is a course sign up in elementary school. You can either register yourself for the academy or just a regular school. I chose the academy obvious, and learned all I could. Next thing I know is I volunteer and now I'm here."

"In 2 they scout you out. My mom taught me how to use knives at the beginning of 5th grade. Then all I had to do was wait for the worthy act to pop up. The scouters would watch around for anyone that would show an act or worthiness, which is basically an action that he or her does to show they can fight. Mine was during the summer. Usually they stop looking at that point, but I was walking home one day with groceries. A mugger tried to rob me and I slit his wrist. I walked away and he tried to grab me. I ducked from his grab and stabbed him in the back. Don't worry it wasn't anywhere bad. I then said some threatening words and then walked back. I was recruited shortly after. At the beginning of the academy I was called the Last Recruit. Meaning I was in there by the skin of my teeth."

Marvel stood there with his arms crossed, "Dang, you were cutthroat even at a young age were you?"

"I guess. People would tease me saying I paid to get in, but that wasn't it. The scouter just pulled a couple of rules to get me in."