𝖥𝗂𝗏𝖾

After the parade they take us to the training center. It's where we'll be staying until the games start. They talks about some rules before Siri and our mentors have a seat with us in the living room.

"So what are your skills?" Brutus asks, "I remember your father mentioning you're pretty good with a sword Cato?" 

"Yes." Cato replies. 

"And you?" Enobaria asks. 

Before I get the chance to answer Cato talks before me. "She is incredible with knives and daggers. I've seen it everyday since I was five. She could hit almost anything from any distance. Just give her a knife and she'll already be more powerful than 90% of those tributes." 

"Good to know, I'd like to see this throwing you're being praised for!" Enobaria says. 

"Moving along, tomorrow is the start of training. Now I know the two of you have been training your whole life, but take this time to look at some of the survival skills and making allies. Make sure not to underestimate anyone either. In the training area there will be all these weapons the two of you are so skilled at, make sure to make yourselves a threat, but also not showing off all that you can do." Brutus says. 

"It's time for these two to get some sleep though, it's been a long day after all!" Siri chimes in.

After that I go back into my room. I get into a long silk nightgown and put my hair in a ponytail. I get under the covers and it's cold. The bed is the most comfortable thing I've felt my whole life. I'm out in a matter of seconds.

-

The next day was training. At seven we ate a nutrious breakfast and then we were dressed for the day. We walked to the area and finally got a first look at everyone.

"In 2 weeks, 23 of you will be dead. One of you will be alive. Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days, particularly to what I'm about to say. First, no fighting with the other Tributes. You'll have plenty of time for that in the Arena. There are four compulsory exercises. The rest will be individual training. My advice is, don't ignore the survival skills. Everybody wants to grab a sword, but most of you will die from natural causes. 10 percent from infection. 20 percent from dehydration. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife."

 Now I've never been the type to brag. Who am I kidding of course I'm one to brag. Showing off these kids was the most entertained I've been in a hot minute. I go instantly to a throwing station. I push a tribute to the side and start it up. I'm a career, I know I don't have to be as cautious as some of these guys are. I pick up the knives, get used to the hold, and then throw it. I hit it right at the bullseye. I pick up another one as more dummies show up. I hit another one, and another, all hitting it perfectly. 

When I'm done I hear footsteps, but they're different from Catos. In fact I don't recognize them at all. I turn around to see the District 1 boy coming up to me. 

"Damn, that's some impressive shooting. I'm Marvel, you?" 

"Clove District 2." 

"1, looks like we're allies." 

"What makes you think it'll be that easy?" I ask. 

"Cause only an idiot wouldn't team up with the careers, plus you're technically one yourself so doing so would be dumb on your part." 

"I know, I'm just messing around with you." 

"Ha, funny." 

I already like Marvel, he seems nice. He's a little too skinny for me though, I also don't really have a thing for black hair, too similar to mine. Nonetheless I do think he'll be a wise person to team up with. Us being careers we're kind of allies by proxy.