51 | Rumors

Jameson said he talked to Bridgette last night to tell her that they couldn't be friends anymore because of her behavior

Jameson said he talked to Bridgette last night to tell her that they couldn't be friends anymore because of her behavior. I had fallen asleep before he finished speaking to her so I had no idea how that talk went.

I was eager to go to school today because I wanted to know what happened.

All I woke up to this morning was a text from Jameson saying, "I talked to Bridgette, we aren't friends anymore. Tell you about it at school, I'm tired now. Goodnight, love you <3."

That was enough to put a smile on my face this morning. I found myself humming happily as I got ready for school, taking my time to perfect my makeup and curl my hair. I wanted to look extra good today for some reason.

When I arrived at school, I found my friends already waiting for me by my locker. They all had my locker combination memorized so I wasn't surprised when I saw it already opened. We basically all shared my locker because it was in the middle of all our first classes.

"Hey," I greeted them, taking my backpack off and setting it into my locker. I unloaded all the textbooks that I had brought home and put my backpack back on. It was so much lighter now.

"Brooklyn, why is Bridgette telling everyone that you're a manipulative and controlling girlfriend?" Stacey asked, looking slightly amused.

I froze. Was she really spreading rumors now? I hadn't expected it from her because she never talked to anyone besides her friends before.

"Don't worry. No one believes her because you can do no wrong but it's just funny how she thinks she can turn everyone against you. What happened?" Stacey asked.

"Yeah, she seemed really upset. It was kinda funny," Andrea grinned, leaning back against the lockers.

"Good, she's literally been a nightmare," I rolled my eyes. "To think I was defending her just a week ago. I'm sorry I ever doubted you guys."

"Why do you think no one in the squad likes her?" Stacey replied.

I shrugged. "I thought it was just because she never talked to us and she was into... different things."

"Anyways, I'm curious on what happened. Jameson said he would fill us in during lunch but I can't wait," Abby looked to me like I had all the answers. I only knew part of the story because I was still waiting on Jameson to tell me the rest.

I sighed and began telling them all about the events that took place last night at the restaurant. I watched as their faces went from shock to anger as I continued with the story.

"I can't believe her audacity!" Stacey exclaimed, a frown on her face.

"Good on Jameson for cutting her off. She's such a toxic person," Andrea agreed.

The bell rang shortly after and we all groaned. I wanted to just stand here gossiping with my friends but of course, school had to get in the way.

"Well, see you guys during lunch," Abby waved as she headed in the opposite direction. She had a meeting with the school counselor today.