2.

"Who the fuck are you?!"

I froze. I couldn't move, and I couldn't because the knife was holding so hard there that I swear it made a scratch there.

"M-my name is Lexi. I don't know how I got here. I guess I got a memory lapse and I don't remember anything."

As soon as I said my name, his face stiffened. I don't know why and I prefer not to know.

"Matteo, give that knife away." voice echoed from behind. From the mouth of a black-haired boy. Matteo slowly let go of the knife and moved away.

"Excuse me for him, he's a bit of a leader or he's being looked at. My name is Zach. Don't worry, we won't do anything to you."

So I was relieved. I was afraid he would slit my neck. But i was afraid of them anyway. I didn't believe them. Boy, Zach, he leaned over for the blanket and handed it to me carefully. I reached for the blanket and draped it over my shoulders.

I squeezed the blanket as tightly as I could to at least feel safe. "The one in front is called Leo. He's the only one who knows drive. Isn't something hurting? We have bandages."

"Are you so nice to every strange girl?" I smiled. He looked at me. Not so much in love, but friendly. I guess we'll be good friends. If they don't kill me.

***

The gate opened. Two boys stood by her. We walked in and stopped sharply. The gate closed back "Are you okay kiddo?" said Zach. It raised my smile that he had already managed to come up with a nickname.

I just nodded. I got out of the car, carefully looking at Leo, who wasn't even interested in who the new girl was. He just left. I turned back to Zach and followed him.

"Another new face," said a woman sitting in an armchair with her hands rested. She stood up and approached me. "My name is Alice. I'm the leader here." So Matteo isn't really a leader.

"You probably noticed, but if not all of us, we're under 20 years. Everyone is under 20 years. And so do you. That's why I decided to give you a place here." It was great, but she doesn't even know who I am. She doesn't care?

"I am Lexi." She just nodded and I went to my room with Zach.