12: Final Exams

June arrived fast along with the Final Exams. After lots of studying and stress, the written exams were finished and it was time to move on to the practical exams. As Class 1-A gathered on the expansive training ground, Aizawa stepped forward, his gaze sweeping over the attentive students. "Let's begin your practical exam." he began, his voice cutting through the murmurs of anticipation.

"It is, of course possible to fail this exam," Aizawa continued. "If you want to attend the training camp, then don't mess this up."

"Sure are a lot of teachers here..." Jiro murmured, as Hagakure counted them.

"Knowing you guys, you probably asked around," Aizawa said. "And you might think you have a vague idea of how this'll go..."

Ashido and Kaminari celebrated, jumping around and striking poses. "It's a robot rumble, like the entrance exam!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"Fireworks!! Curry!! Truth-or-Dare!!" Ashido spouted out, clearly excited for summer camp.

Suddenly, a small rat-like creature popped out of Aizawa's scarf. "Not quite!" Nezu said. "Various circumstances have demanded the revision of the exam format."

The class responded with visible confusion. "From now on we'll focus on battles against flesh-and-blood opponents," Nezu explained. "It is critical that our teachings simulates practical experience as closely as possible! As such, you students will be pairing up and fighting one of the teachers you see here!"

Ectoplasm, Cementoss, Snipe, Aizawa, Present Mic, Nezu, Thirteen, Midnight, and All Might were lined up, exuding an intimidating aura. Power Loader had come down with a fever, so he asked Yaze to fill in for him.

The students responded nervously, clearly feeling uneasy about having to fight against top pro heroes. "Your pairings and assigned teacher have already been decided," Aizawa explained. "Your battle moves, your grades, your friendships with one another... All these factors and more were considered, so without further ado... First, Todoroki is with Yaoyorozu... against me. Next, Midoriya is with Bakugo."

Midoriya made a startled sound and Bakugo glared at the greenette. "And," Aizawa continued. "Your opponent..."

Aizawa was suddenly interrupted by All Might. "Will be me!!" All Might finished Aizawa's sentence. "You'll have to work together to win, so come at me, you two!!"

"Ten stages have been prepared, and all teams will begin simultaneously." Aizawa continued explaining. "The test guidelines will be explained by your respective opponents. None of the areas are outside the school grounds, but let's not waste any more time. Get going."

Ashido and Kaminari were up against Principal Nezu, Uraraka and Aoyama were against Thirteen, Koda and Jiro were against Present Mic, Asui and Tokoyami were against Ectoplasm, Sero and Mineta were against Midnight, Hagakure and Shoji were against Snipe, Sato and Kirishima were against Cementoss, and finally Ida and Ojiro were against Sentinel. Each pair joined their assigned teacher on a bus and headed off to their exam locations.

* * *

Yaze stepped forward, his presence commanding attention as he addressed Ida and Ojiro. "Listen up, gentlemen," he began, his voice firm yet reassuring. "You're facing me for this exam, and the rules are simple."

He glanced between the two students, noting their focused expressions. "To pass, you either need to restrain me with these," Yaze held up a pair of handcuffs, "or one of you must escape from the grounds. But remember, you've only got 30 minutes.

Ida nodded, his expression determined. "Understood, sir."

Ojiro, though typically reserved, seemed focused and ready for the challenge. "We'll do our best, Sentinel-sensei," he said with a determined nod.